What's new

Hardware Review Sanus NF18 Natural Foundations Review (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
A solid, serviceable set of speaker stands, the Sanus NF18 Natural foundation is a simple, attractive and easy to assemble pair that can hold bookshelf speakers weighing up to 25 lbs, conceal speaker cables and complement black wooden furniture effectively.

Sanus NF18 Natural Foundations

Manufacturer: Sanus

MSRP: $89.99

Quantity in Box: 2

Package Width: 22.5”

Package Height: 4”

Package Depth: 12.5”

Package Weight: 13.5 lb

Product Width: 10.5”

Product Height: 18”

Product Depth: 11.75”

Maximum Speaker Weight: 25 lbs

Review Date: December 5, 2011

The Product:

When I moved into my new apartment I realized that my new home theater was missing something: the ability to mount speakers onto the beams of the ceiling. My new 7.1 surround setup consists of 6 Sony SS-B1000 speakers, which have no mounting holes and therefore cannot be mounted onto a ceiling mount. Luckily, my back surrounds could fit on a bookshelf in the back of the room. However, I needed something for the front left, front right, and front surrounds to keep them off the floor. For the front speakers I am using a pair of Sanus NF18 stands.

The speaker stands come in pairs of two in a cardboard box with Styrofoam inserts. You have to put it together, which requires nothing more on your part except a Phillips head screwdriver and 10-15 minutes to put them both together.

Build Quality:

4/5

The stands can hold bookshelf speakers weighing up to 25 pounds. If, like my speakers, they have no mounting holes, you can simply use the enclosed sticky tabs to hold the speakers in place. So far they have held them in place pretty well. The bottom of the stands feature four plastic ends to keep the base from scuffing the floor.

Aesthetic Quality:

3/5

These are plain, simple, no frills black wooden stands, but if you have a room full of simple, black wooden furniture, it complements it well.

Clarity of Instructions:

5/5

The instruction manual offers the most extreme level of simplicity possible: drawings accompanied by the most basic English imaginable since Dick and Jane.

Overall:

4/5

A solid, serviceable set of speaker stands, the Sanus NF series is a good selection for a set of mid-priced units.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
How stable are these stands? I have young children and worry about the possibility of them tipping over.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If you are concerned about your children running around, I would try to keep them as close to a wall as possible. The EF series has spikes that hold it into the floor, but these don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks