Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A few words about...™ Nothing Sacred -- in Blu-ray

A Few Words About

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 of 26 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted December 18 2011 - 04:19 AM

You should be able to score this title for $14.40 (pre tax) when it streets Tuesday, from B&N.com with the use of one of the numerous 20% off coupons floating around. If you are a member, you won't have to pay shipping, otherwise there is a $25 minimum to get free shipping. There is a 40% off sale going on this week, so it shouldn't be too hard to find something else to toss in the cart. This looks like the last thing I will be ordering this year. It will be nice to see it again after all these years, in a presentation that's finally worth a damn.

#22 of 26 OFFLINE   Will Krupp

Will Krupp

Screenwriter

• 1,098 posts

Posted April 04 2013 - 11:50 AM

So, exciting news!

The Capitol Theater in Rome, NY will be showing the 35mm Disney restoration at their Capitolfest this coming August!

http://www.romecapit...apitolfest.html

I'd love to go...as I can't imagine we're going to see this on home video any time soon (it's only been 14 years!)

The Capitol even uses carbon arc lamps!

#23 of 26 OFFLINE   Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek

Producer

• 3,586 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 02:05 PM

I've been to the Capitol many times.

With carbon arc, good operators and an original installation Moller organ, it's a must for any classic film fan!

Bob Furmanek

www.3dfilmarchive.com

Bubbleweb_edited-1_zpsc986b444.jpg

#24 of 26 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,354 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted April 16 2013 - 06:21 PM

So, exciting news!

The Capitol Theater in Rome, NY will be showing the 35mm Disney restoration at their Capitolfest this coming August!

I'd love to go...as I can't imagine we're going to see this on home video any time soon (it's only been 14 years!)

Well then by all means, you should go, Will. After all, you are within driving distance! I know how disappointed you were with the look of the Blu-ray which was not  from the original 3-strip negatives. I can only imagine that this presentation will be eye-popping.

Edited by Mark-P, April 16 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#25 of 26 OFFLINE   Mark Walker

Mark Walker

Screenwriter

• 2,599 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 08:34 PM

I am curious if anyone went and how Nothing Sacred looked.

I have the current Blu-ray, and it is fine, but I would hope there might be a sliver of a chance Disney will release their print on Blu-ray.  I would buy it again.

Well then by all means, you should go, Will. After all, you are within driving distance! I know how disappointed you were with the look of the Blu-ray which was not  from the original 3-strip negatives. I can only imagine that this presentation will be eye-popping.

So, exciting news!

Paramount, please release DRAGONSLAYER on Blu-ray

Dragonslayer_1981HTF_zps4e370848.jpg

Vermithrax Pejorative deserves to be seen in high-def.

#26 of 26 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,239 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted September 14 2013 - 03:32 AM

I am curious if anyone went and how Nothing Sacred looked.

Luscious!

• Mark Walker likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Few Words About

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users