Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HTF Exclusive Interview with Academy Award Winning Composer Michael Giacchino

Paramount Interview

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 ONLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Producer

• 3,045 posts

Posted December 01 2011 - 01:36 PM

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,645 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 01 2011 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for doing this interview, Neil. It's very informative and entertaining, and I'm glad you have shared it with us.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,424 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 01 2011 - 02:51 PM

Great interview, Neil. For my money, Michael Giacchino is one of the best composers working today. His scores really enhance the material onscreen (think how much weaker scenes like Kirk's birth near the beginning of Star Trek or the end scenes in Super 8 would be without the music). And his work on Lost was really moving (the Ajira plane lifting off is an amazing TV moment primarily because of the music) and is one of the only really memorable scores on TV in 20 or more years.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,111 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted December 02 2011 - 03:55 AM

Thanks, Neil, great interview.  I am hoping to get the opportunity to watch the film and experience the score this weekend.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted December 02 2011 - 03:01 PM

I agree Travis. Giacchino is my favorite composer working today and much like how a particular actor or director may drive someone to go see a film, I will go see a Michael Giacchino scored film no matter what its about or who is in it. He's that good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users