Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Charmings needs a dvd release :)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   wizard55

wizard55

Agent

• 49 posts

Posted November 25 2011 - 12:38 PM

A series I think could use a release sometime this coming year is short-lived 80's series The Charmings. Twice brought up over on Shout! forums...it was explained to be too big a risk by them seeing as not enough people probably remember the series, let alone would shell out the money to watch it. A recent poster did however make a good observation..that if there was ever a time to release the series it would be now..seeing as theres a Fairy Tale interest in TV/Films. The show is already popping up in blogs, articles, etc since its VERY similar to the new ABC series Once Upon a Time..and with 2 Snow White movies coming to theaters and the new series Grimm on NBC? it all just may be enough to make the series get some decent sales., With 21 episodes i could see it fitting into a nice little set and with Christopher Rich from Reba starring in it...that couldn't hurt as well. If Shout! can't release it, Im curious who else might be able to..maybe a Manufacture on Demand kind of thing...any thoughts?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,141 posts

Posted November 25 2011 - 07:05 PM

It would be nice to get the episode unaired on the network to complete the run.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted November 27 2011 - 10:41 AM

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. This show is fondly remembered, and lasted two seasons. It aired back to back with Sledge Hammer for a time, part of that audience might crossover. Now is a great time for it and I do hope it gets released. With all of the Snow White films coming out, it should be on shelves.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   wizard55

wizard55

Agent

• 49 posts

Posted November 27 2011 - 11:04 AM

It would be nice to get the episode unaired on the network to complete the run.

When the series ran in reruns on HA! network in the early 90's the unaired episode was shown, and it's been available in tape trading circles for years. It's in the complete series tapes I own. :)

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,141 posts

Posted November 27 2011 - 07:11 PM

I knew that HA aired it but I hadn't ever picked it up. Good to know that its out there. The rest of my episodes are from the ABC run, so probably more complete than the HA episodes.