What's new

The Charmings needs a dvd release :) (1 Viewer)

wizard55

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
A series I think could use a release sometime this coming year is short-lived 80's series The Charmings. Twice brought up over on Shout! forums...it was explained to be too big a risk by them seeing as not enough people probably remember the series, let alone would shell out the money to watch it. A recent poster did however make a good observation..that if there was ever a time to release the series it would be now..seeing as theres a Fairy Tale interest in TV/Films. The show is already popping up in blogs, articles, etc since its VERY similar to the new ABC series Once Upon a Time..and with 2 Snow White movies coming to theaters and the new series Grimm on NBC? it all just may be enough to make the series get some decent sales., With 21 episodes i could see it fitting into a nice little set and with Christopher Rich from Reba starring in it...that couldn't hurt as well. If Shout! can't release it, Im curious who else might be able to..maybe a Manufacture on Demand kind of thing...any thoughts?

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I'd buy it in a heartbeat. This show is fondly remembered, and lasted two seasons. It aired back to back with Sledge Hammer for a time, part of that audience might crossover. Now is a great time for it and I do hope it gets released. With all of the Snow White films coming out, it should be on shelves.

wizard55

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
Neil Brock said:
It would be nice to get the episode unaired on the network to complete the run.
When the series ran in reruns on HA! network in the early 90's the unaired episode was shown, and it's been available in tape trading circles for years. It's in the complete series tapes I own. :)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I knew that HA aired it but I hadn't ever picked it up. Good to know that its out there. The rest of my episodes are from the ABC run, so probably more complete than the HA episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks