What's new

hooking up my blu-ray player (1 Viewer)

bjw13

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Warren
I have a panasonic dmp-bdt210 blu-ray player and I am trying to connect it to the tv and the receiver? How do I do that with standard white-red-yellow audio visual cables and an HDMI cable on the unit, but red-green-blue hdme connection cables in the wall system. Can I go through the receiver or hd ready dvr cable box with the red-gree-blue wires to get hd to the tv? Can I ust eht HDME cable to the cable box and then the red-green-blue connector wires from the cable box to the tv to carry the tv?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Receivers won't down-convert an HDMI signal to Component (the red, blue, green ones). HDMI is 1080P so it's better than component which is 1080i (still high-drf, though) but if you must use the wall plate connections then use component for video and HDMI to the receiver for audio. If you receiver has multiple component inputs then you can run the video through the receiver for convenience. You'll have to make the appropriate selections in both the receiver and BluRay players audio and video setup menu's. Maybe the cable box too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks