What's new

Looks like UV isn't satisfying customers... What's your experience? (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
My experience? AS EXPECTED AND PREDICTED. This was such a "No duh" situation as that it could have saved literally millions of dollars by killing it before it ever went live. CHOICE is not as great a thing as people like to think. Is it important to avoid lock in? I'd say yes. Is it so important that launching a multi-million (billion?) dollar charge against it half cocked is the right way to combat it? NO. Especially when people LOVE the experience the lock in gives them.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Hi

Sony Ultraviolet website is up:

http://ultraviolet.sonypictures.com/

Kevin I would like to point out that Warner was expecting that some people would be upset with not being able to use itunes with their UV purchase. They were handing out vouchers to people who were upset the Friday the Harry Potter movie was released. This shows that this was planned and not an "after the fact" action taken by the studio.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Originally Posted by Sam Posten

My experience?

AS EXPECTED AND PREDICTED. This was such a "No duh" situation as that it could have saved literally millions of dollars by killing it before it ever went live.
CHOICE is not as great a thing as people like to think. Is it important to avoid lock in? I'd say yes. Is it so important that launching a multi-million (billion?) dollar charge against it half cocked is the right way to combat it? NO. Especially when people LOVE the experience the lock in gives them.

We should point out that not everyone loves the Apple lock in experience. There are many many more users that do not use Apple product (I love my ipad btw...).

Anyway the Ultraviolet roll out continues with Sony up next. Looks like VUDU is also setting itself up to comply with UV specifications. They just initiated their downloads for purchased content last week :).

Should be an interesting CES 2012 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks