Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help with my projecter screen !!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   jesseroberge

jesseroberge

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted November 21 2011 - 10:28 AM

Hi there, I recently purchased some screen material on eBay, and actually installed it on the frame that I built today. The question that I had for you guys was; Is it normal that I had a hard time tightening my screen material ? The material was very heavy and robust "good quality" stuff, but when I flip the frame over to look at the finished job, I noticed that there were very slight waves from left to right of my screen, I assume this is due to the fact that the material was rolled up for a long time. Will this wave effect leave or vanish at a certain point in time ? Was it normal that I had trouble tightening the screen material around the frame ?

The link below is the screen material I used...

http://www.ebay.ca/i...=3&po=LVI&ps=63

Thanks in advance :)

Jesse !!

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted November 21 2011 - 01:08 PM

I built a screen years ago with blackout cloth, and it takes a lot of work to pull it tight. It's definitely a 2 person job(one to stretch it while the other one staples). I know the ad says it is not blackout cloth, but it probably is. You need to re-do it. I would lay it out flat until it looks wrinkle free. If you don't re-do it, the wrinkles will actually get worse over time.