Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Shirley Temple: Little Darling Collection

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 of 49 ONLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,872 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 26 2014 - 04:50 AM

I was very young watching these programs in their original broadcasts (in B&W, of course), but I can tell you they were magical for a preadolescent. I was very upset when I found out the show was being taken off the air.

#42 of 49 ONLINE   Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts
  • LocationNorth Bay, ON; Canada

Posted March 26 2014 - 05:51 AM

Presumably because they were the only episodes owned by the Shirley Temple Black Estate.  NBC still holds the masters for the rest of the series.

So why hasn't NBC issued these?  I should think that now would be a really good time for them to do so!  If NBC Universal doesn't want to issue the Shirley Temple Storybook Series themselves, perhaps they could arrange a sub-licensing deal with Mill Creek Entertainment, as they did for the 40 Episode Howdy Doody DVD Set a few years back. 

CHEERS!

Tony

#43 of 49 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 2,707 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted March 26 2014 - 08:25 PM

I would have thought anything with Shirley Temple would be an automatic seller on DVD... your guess is as good as mine.  

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#44 of 49 ONLINE   Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 09:16 PM

I would have thought anything with Shirley Temple would be an automatic seller on DVD... your guess is as good as mine.  

The sans Shirley Temple featured SHIRLEY TEMPLE STORYBOOK episodes, and POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL in its original Glorious Black & White remain unreleased, while her "Baby Burlesk" one reelers are all available on seemingly endless Public Domain Video issues--Just one of life's many imponderables!

CHEERS!

#45 of 49 ONLINE   Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 05:49 PM

Turner Classic Movies has aired Shirley Temple's POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL on occasion.  This seems to be the best way (For Canada and U.S. Viewers, at least!) to see this in its original Black & White these days!

CHEERS!

Tony

#46 of 49 OFFLINE   smiley12

smiley12

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 10:10 PM

Fox has another besides Poor little Rich Girl that was released on VHS but not in their DVD collection They also forgot Our little Girl. I did not see anyone mention it. That is one were she had her September Saturday and another Saturday. Why did Fox leave them out?

Edited by smiley12, April 06 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#47 of 49 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 2,707 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted April 06 2014 - 10:30 PM

"Our Little Girl" was also released on DVD in the UK & Australia (the same colorized transfer from the old VHS)... a lovely little film.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#48 of 49 OFFLINE   smiley12

smiley12

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 10:58 PM

Why does Fox not release Our Little Girl and Poor Little Rich Girl in the US ? They should be part of the fox set  as they were the VHS  fox set. What is up with that?

Edited by smiley12, April 06 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#49 of 49 ONLINE   Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted April 07 2014 - 06:11 AM

Fox has another besides Poor little Rich Girl that was released on VHS but not in their DVD collection They also forgot Our little Girl. I did not see anyone mention it. That is one were she had her September Saturday and another Saturday. Why did Fox leave them out?

Hi smiley12!

I did mention OUR LITTLE GIRL in a previous post as only being available on a Region 2 DVD.  The worst thing about this and POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL, is the lack of availability in their original Black & White!

Absolutely no clue as to why 20th Century Fox Entertainment chose not to release the above Titles in Region 1.  I can only guess that perhaps the VHS Sales for these were weak in comparison to Shirley's other Films.  This is just pure speculation on my part!

CHEERS!

Tony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users