Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 11-22-2011

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,485 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 19 2011 - 03:55 PM

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,110 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted November 19 2011 - 06:26 PM

Thanks Mike.  Black Friday week, but I'm still going for Super 8 and 12 Angry Men.

For those of you thinking about Super 8, there is a $5 coupon good for this week that can be downloaded from: www.Super8Coupon.com  Also, if you order from Amazon, try using coupon code Woodward to save $5 (thanks Jeff)

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   JeremyLG

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted November 20 2011 - 12:04 AM

Probably Super 8 BR from Target with the $5.00 coupon and finally The Lion King BR/DVD combo from Target. Thanks for the prices again!

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,422 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 20 2011 - 03:14 AM

I'll be picking up Super 8 this week. Thanks for the prices! :)

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 5,024 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted November 20 2011 - 03:31 AM

Funding is a bit  tight right now  and since I already have the 12 Angry Men DVD (and never watched it...), I'm gonna wait on that one.  I'm tempted by the Friends sets, but I don't know if I can justify them but not 12 Angry Men... Besides, I need money for Friday.  :)

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,560 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted November 20 2011 - 04:41 AM

I'm confused by the re releases of Return Of The Joker, new content? Also it is in stock at Amazon and it's been seen at BJ's for $7.99
facebook.com/whotony

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,267 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted November 20 2011 - 05:47 AM

Looks like Super 8 just dropped to 19.99 on Amazon so with the WOODWARD coupon/code -- 14.99 on release day. Superb.

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   JeremyLG

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted November 20 2011 - 07:31 AM

Looks like Super 8 just dropped to 19.99 on Amazon so with the WOODWARD coupon/code -- 14.99 on release day. Superb.

Awesome! Free shipping and no tax (at least for us.)

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Greg Layton

Greg Layton

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted November 20 2011 - 09:31 AM

Just returned from Best Buy with an armload of Blurays. The two Bond sets The Ultimate Matrix (to replace my HD-DVD box) Scarface Gone Baby Gone (found in a $7.99 bin) Rounders and Good Will Hunting (both on sale for $6.99 at my store) Going to pre-order Super 8, 12 Angry Men, and Rushmore today. It's the most wonderful time of the year, especially when you resisted the urge to buy just about everything released in 2011 because you knew the sales were coming in November and December. :D
Watched/Top 10 Lists
2006 List 2006 Top 10
2007 List 2007 Top 10
2008 List 2008 Top 10
2009 List (incomplete)My AFI movie list is here.

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,110 posts

Posted November 20 2011 - 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by JeremyLG 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Norman 

Awesome! Free shipping and no tax (at least for us.)

How do they do their lowest preorder pricematch with a coupon?

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,110 posts

Posted November 20 2011 - 11:06 AM

Ron reviewed Spykids 4 3D here: http://www.hometheat...-addict-review/

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,485 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 23 2011 - 09:02 AM

Just wanted to add onto a topic discussed in this space the past few weeks...

I stopped by a local Target last night to pick up the blu of Super 8 ($19.99 - $5 coupon = $14.99).

I went back to the electronics area in the back of the store and looked around for awhile.  Seeing none of the blu of The Lincoln Lawyer I made my way to the front checkouts with my single purchase of Super 8.  it happened to be in one of Target's famous clear, hinged, plastic cases.

Standing in line, I realized there were two dozen copies of the blu of Super 8 in the end cap of the very checkout line I was in!

And none of them were in the security cases!

So, as we reached the end cap, I picked up a non-secure Super 8 and put down the secure Super 8.  My wife says, "Oh.  You had to have THAT one, huh?"

I smiled and explained that otherwise we would have been treated to a game of "which Target associate knows how to open the case?!"  

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   JeremyLG

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted November 24 2011 - 01:35 PM

Just wanted to add onto a topic discussed in this space the past few weeks... I stopped by a local Target last night to pick up the blu of Super 8 ($19.99 - $5 coupon = $14.99). I went back to the electronics area in the back of the store and looked around for awhile.  Seeing none of the blu of The Lincoln Lawyer I made my way to the front checkouts with my single purchase of Super 8.  it happened to be in one of Target's famous clear, hinged, plastic cases. Standing in line, I realized there were two dozen copies of the blu of Super 8 in the end cap of the very checkout line I was in! And none of them were in the security cases! So, as we reached the end cap, I picked up a non-secure Super 8 and put down the secure Super 8.  My wife says, "Oh.  You had to have THAT one, huh?" I smiled and explained that otherwise we would have been treated to a game of "which Target associate knows how to open the case?!"   :laugh:

I totally understand Mike. When I was looking for the Harry Potter 7 part 2 at Target they had literally 3 of them only in the main electronic "sale" endcap. All in the secure boxes, all with damage. However, I looked around more in the movie area and the workers had a cart full of boxes. No one was around and I found about 30 of the HP discs without the secure boxes. All mint. So, I snagged one of those instead. I hate buying new damaged items too! Jeremy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow