Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

It was just a matter of time: First Adult 3D title announced

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,895 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted November 19 2011 - 11:41 AM

According to the latest issue of Home Media Magazine, Digital Playground will release the first ever adult title on 3D Blu-ray.  Jailhouse Heat 3D is coming  being released on November 22nd for $24.99.  Includes 14 trailers (?) behind the scenes featurette and other content.

I don't think this will help 3D adoption, and I'm surprised it took this long to get a title on the market.  While I have no interest in watching it, I'm curious how far they will push the 3D.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,344 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted November 19 2011 - 02:03 PM

Ok, let me be the first to ask how well this movie will be rated for the "3D In Yo' Face Factor"?:D
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   dlbsyst

dlbsyst

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted November 19 2011 - 03:45 PM

Sorry but this is not true. Bel Ami released a 3D adult title on Blu-ray June 2, 2011. It's a gay title but it still falls under an adult title.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,895 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted November 19 2011 - 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by dlbsyst 

Sorry but this is not true. Bel Ami released a 3D adult title on Blu-ray June 2, 2011. It's a gay title but it still falls under an adult title.

I stand corrected.  That makes two titles!

Originally Posted by Johnny Angell 

Ok, let me be the first to ask how well this movie will be rated for the "3D In Yo' Face Factor"?Posted Image

I thought it, but wasn't going to say it....

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   SteveGL

SteveGL

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted November 20 2011 - 03:26 AM

There were several anaglyph 3D adult films made in the late '70s - early 80s. I remember one I saw at a midnight show at the old Waverly theater in Greenwich Village starring John Holmes. Mr. Holmes was most impressive in 3D. I was constantly afraid of having an eye poked out.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,259 posts

Posted November 21 2011 - 04:10 AM

Sounds like Home Media Magazine didn't do their research very well.  'This ain't Avatar' by Hustler, and 'Real Housewives of Chatsworth' by Penthouse are both 3D blu ray titles that I am aware of, and have been out for quite a while.  I'm sure there are plenty more.

-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."