Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Best Buy has Shop Early Save Big Pre-Black Friday sale

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE  

• 0 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 05:13 PM

Best Buy is having another Shop Early, Save Big sale going on today and tomorrow. The sale is valid both in-store and online and features free shipping on everything with no minimum purchase.

Items of interest to HTF members might be the Toshiba 15.6" Laptop w/ Pentium Processor, 4GB RAM & 320GB HDD for $329.99 and the LG 47" 1080p 120Hz 3D HDTV (47LW5300) w/ 3D Blu-ray Player & 4 Pairs of 3D Glasses for $799.99.

If you are alergic to Best Buy, Amazon has matched the LG deal.

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,220 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 18 2011 - 05:35 PM

The Blu-rays of Thor and Captain America are also both listed for $15.99 apiece.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,918 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted November 18 2011 - 08:53 PM

Captain American is tempting.  I need to go back to Neil's review and see what he thought about the 3D version to see if its worth holding out for a sale on that.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Frank Ha

Frank Ha

Second Unit

• 353 posts
  • LocationLand of mole, tlayudas and chapulines

Posted November 18 2011 - 11:52 PM

I jumped on the CA & Thor deals on Amazon. Now, why can't they put Ben-Hur on sale for $16? :)
"And in the end, the only thing you really own is... your story.  Just trying to live a good one" - The Drover 

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,619 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted November 19 2011 - 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich 

Captain American is tempting.  I need to go back to Neil's review and see what he thought about the 3D version to see if its worth holding out for a sale on that.

I just watched it in 3D a week or so ago. I added my comments at the bottom of Neil's review thread.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,918 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted November 19 2011 - 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by MattH. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich 

I just watched it in 3D a week or so ago. I added my comments at the bottom of Neil's review thread.

Thanks, I ready them but they didn't make the decision any easier Posted Image   $15 or $35 ?  I was hoping you would both say its a lousy conversion to make it easy to jump on the 2D version.  It doesn't look like the 3D will be on sale, and I have a hard time justifying $30+ for a new BD release.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,220 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 19 2011 - 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Frank Ha 

I jumped on the CA & Thor deals on Amazon. Now, why can't they put Ben-Hur on sale for $16? Posted Image

Thanks for the heads-up.  I pulled the trigger on Thor for $15.99 @ amazon!  Posted Image

I picked-up a three-disc version of Ben-Hur from amazon.uk for a pretty decent price.  It includes all the bonus features but not the "box o' junk" paraphernalia and is coded region-free.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,874 posts

Posted November 19 2011 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

Was going to see about ordering the Captain America BD from Amazon when I saw that price yesterday(?), but couldn't figure out what else to get for free shipping -- I didn't like Thor enough to get it at that price.  Same price at BB makes it easier for me, especially since I still have a $5 RZ GC lying around (and am very close to earning another one).

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,874 posts

Posted November 20 2011 - 10:34 AM

Ack!  For some reason, thought the sale was for yesterday and today (rather than Fri-Sat), so missed picking up the Captain America BD.  Ah well, at least I checked (and was going to order for in-store pickup) before heading out there.  Maybe next time.  I'm sure the price will come down (even more) sooner or later -- and my backlog of yet-to-be-watched titles is overloaded anyway although this would be one for the rest of the family, et al as well...

_Man_

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,874 posts

Posted November 21 2011 - 02:02 AM

I think I know why/how I got confused about the days for this sale now, and I blame it at least partially on the new representation for posting date/time. Posted Image  When I originally saw this thread and posted my "thanks", the OP was ~21 hours old, and I misunderstood that to mean I was reading it the same day it was posted.  In actuality, it was posted the night before I read it.

Compound that w/ the fact that Kevin probably posted it Friday night maybe an hour or two before midnight PT on the West Coast, which means it was already Saturday for me on the East Coast, so even if I read it soon after it was posted, I might still confuse the days there.  But the new posting date/time representation likely was the biggest factor in this instance.

Of course, the BB sale page does indicate Fri-Sat, but I apparently skipped past that part of the page too quickly to notice after thinking it was going to be Sat-Sun.

Anyway, not a big deal to me for this particular sale, but this definitely makes me think worse of the new posting date/time representation...

_Man_

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted November 24 2011 - 02:49 AM

I picked up a few of the $4.99 BD titles (Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, The Crow), and season 4 of Mad Men on BD ($8.99), just in case I didn't get them at the store at midnight tonight.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

Forum Nav Content I Follow