What's new

Best Buy has Shop Early Save Big Pre-Black Friday sale (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Captain American is tempting. I need to go back to Neil's review and see what he thought about the 3D version to see if its worth holding out for a sale on that.

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
I jumped on the CA & Thor deals on Amazon. Now, why can't they put Ben-Hur on sale for $16? :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

Captain American is tempting. I need to go back to Neil's review and see what he thought about the 3D version to see if its worth holding out for a sale on that.

I just watched it in 3D a week or so ago. I added my comments at the bottom of Neil's review thread.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by MattH. $15 or $35 ? I was hoping you would both say its a lousy conversion to make it easy to jump on the 2D version. It doesn't look like the 3D will be on sale, and I have a hard time justifying $30+ for a new BD release.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Frank Ha

I picked-up a three-disc version of Ben-Hur from amazon.uk for a pretty decent price. It includes all the bonus features but not the "box o' junk" paraphernalia and is coded region-free.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thanks for the heads up.

Was going to see about ordering the Captain America BD from Amazon when I saw that price yesterday(?), but couldn't figure out what else to get for free shipping -- I didn't like Thor enough to get it at that price. Same price at BB makes it easier for me, especially since I still have a $5 RZ GC lying around (and am very close to earning another one).

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Ack! For some reason, thought the sale was for yesterday and today (rather than Fri-Sat), so missed picking up the Captain America BD. Ah well, at least I checked (and was going to order for in-store pickup) before heading out there. Maybe next time. I'm sure the price will come down (even more) sooner or later -- and my backlog of yet-to-be-watched titles is overloaded anyway although this would be one for the rest of the family, et al as well...

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I think I know why/how I got confused about the days for this sale now, and I blame it at least partially on the new representation for posting date/time. When I originally saw this thread and posted my "thanks", the OP was ~21 hours old, and I misunderstood that to mean I was reading it the same day it was posted. In actuality, it was posted the night before I read it.

Compound that w/ the fact that Kevin probably posted it Friday night maybe an hour or two before midnight PT on the West Coast, which means it was already Saturday for me on the East Coast, so even if I read it soon after it was posted, I might still confuse the days there. But the new posting date/time representation likely was the biggest factor in this instance.

Of course, the BB sale page does indicate Fri-Sat, but I apparently skipped past that part of the page too quickly to notice after thinking it was going to be Sat-Sun.

Anyway, not a big deal to me for this particular sale, but this definitely makes me think worse of the new posting date/time representation...

_Man_

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I picked up a few of the $4.99 BD titles (Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, The Crow), and season 4 of Mad Men on BD ($8.99), just in case I didn't get them at the store at midnight tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks