What's new

TWIN PEAKS: FWWM deleted scenes info (1 Viewer)

Jacob_St

Second Unit
What's the name of this a-hole French company? If I knew French I'd send them an angry snail mail! Sounds like they have an axe to grinde and they want to bury it in Lynch fans backs!

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
I believe it's MK2, which bought the catalog from ciby2000 or morphed from ciby2000...
I forget which. :frowning:

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
This is really confusing to me. The company is indeed MK2.

I told David Lynch about the hive4media article just a few minutes ago in his chat room. I don't know if he read that article, but he asked what it was about and I said "about the deleted scenes not being on the DVD. New Line said after a year they gave up" and his response was: "NEWLINE DIDN'T WANT TO PAY US TO CUT THEM - MIX THEM ETC."

So who should we be begging and bothering about this? New Line or MK2?

And why didn't that article at hive4media end right where it should have begun? I wish Mulvihill or Lasorsa of New Line could join this discussion and say what's up. I am very glad that the film is finally being released on DVD, but after saying that they wouldn't release it without the deleted scenes, they kinda owe us an explanation. If it is what I think it is (MK2 is in large part made up of CIBY 2000 members, and they're still bitter after being sued by Lynch), there is little we can do... MK2 could release a DVD with those scenes themselves, but they definitely won't work with Lynch on mixing and cutting or anything else.

Anyone care to fill me in on anything I'm missing?

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Now I'm really confused. Didn't that interview with Lynch's sound guy say that the deleted scenes had been cut and mixed and were all ready to go?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ive said many times, that I could care less about most extras on discs - the only ones I really care about are the deleted scenes which is a extra I really enjoy.

If New Line is just being cheap, then its their fault and we should be a bit upset-If New Line had to raise the price of the DVD,I would gladly pay extra(as would most I think)to have those scenes.

But if this is something that will never end, then they made the right decision releasing it without them.

Early DVD adapters may remember what happened with Shawshank Redemption-a brand new tranfer was made and the movie sat on the shelf delayed for a over a year waiting for a Darabont commentary-they did the right thing saying "forget the commentary,everyone wants the movie,lets release it".

I want TPFWWM(probally my fav Lynch film)on DVD - the deleted scenes would be extra awesome to have but to me, the movie is whats important.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I found this interview with John Neff, a collaborator of Lynch's. On the fifth page: http://www.dugpa.com/interviewneff5.html
they ask about the deleted scenes and it's explained. I guess we really need to e-mail and write New Line. New Line could easily raise the price of the DVD by $10 MSRP to cover the costs of mixing that footage.
Come on, New Line! The Twin Peaks season 1 box is selling really well!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm beginning to smell a rat here. I think I'll be holding off on the disc for a while to see if it miraculously develops some deleted scenes a few months down the road, like when the second TV box arrives.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
If New Line did all they could. Then that is all I ask. Maybe down the road they will get the rights and rerelease the disc with the deleted scenes. I hate buying rereleases but in this case I would. I don't mind the idea of paying $10 extra to get the deleted scenes on the disc if that helps New Line with costs (nudge nudge, wink wink);) I am excited for this release come feb. But I am also bummed that the deleted scenes won't be there. Maybe we could petition Artisen in releasing season 2 of Twin Peaks before Feb? Or better yet petition Warner to release the Pilot episode stateside. I am waiting for that region 0 one to come in from an E-Bay auction. i just hope it doesn't have the PAL speed up problems.

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
The only reason New Line decided to break their commitment to the fans is BECAUSE the Artisan set is doing so well, and they wanted to ride on Artisans coattails with their own release.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
John, that's my assessment too. No sale for me, sorry. I'll wait until you do it right. I'll just live with the LD for now. I'm tired of rebuying DVDs when the SE which should have been released is postponed so the company can double dip on a barebones followed by an SE.

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
I agree with John Sullmeyer. I think that the reason we're getting a bare-bones release is because New Line wants to put out a bare-bones release in an earlier time frame, to ride on Artisan's coattails. When and if they get the rights to put the deleted scenes on, they'll go back and do an SE.

Geez, you're all acting like this will be the ONLY DVD of this film!

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
"Time is not going to resolve the issues that prevented us from getting the rights to these scenes," he says. "We felt now was the time to get this out, rather than wait for perpetuity." Communications broke down in the last year, Mulvihill says. And senior v.p. of marketing Matt Lasorsa says that it was not a question of money.

"The discussions didn’t even get that far," Lasorsa says.

I'd rather they get the film out now in a proper transfer - unlike the poor American LD (or the pricey Japanese LD) - as extras are just that, extras! The film is the only thing that matters, especially when it'll cost less than $15 at retail.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
This is just a case of the tail wagging the dog! We're no longer happy with just the movie, we want the kitchen sink, too!

I'm just happy to get the movie ..... anything else (deleted scenes, director commentaries, behind the scenes documentary etc.) is gravy.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
This is just a case of the tail wagging the dog! We're no longer happy with just the movie, we want the kitchen sink, too!
I don't really think this is the case... I'm REALLY glad to finally get to see Fire Walk With Me on DVD. It's just that as a longterm Peaks fan & knowing that these deleted scenes exist & that David Lynch would like them available but not actually getting them, is disappointing.

That make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks