Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

advice on first speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   pdong

pdong

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted November 17 2011 - 06:58 AM

Hi Everyone, I am looking for my first 5.1 system - from 2.1 logitech z2300 computer speakers i have been using forever... now those z2300s already sound pretty good to me, albeit without the 5.1 effect, so i believe i can say with confidence i am definitely a sound noob, so anything more awesome than those are sure to make me happy. I am looking at some polk audio TSIs on amazon, and i have been able to piece together a system for $800: front: tsi300 rear: tsi100 center: cs10 sub: psw10 For some alternatives, i looked at the LSI series, but that is way too expensive to me (don't really want to spend more than $1000 on speakers). I have also been looking at Mirage nanosat 5.1 system, which seems to be half the price of a complete TSI system. could anyone please let me know if you have had some experience with either system? I have a living room about 25' x 17' and pioneer vsx 1021k receiver Thanks!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,193 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted November 17 2011 - 07:50 AM

Spend a little more and get a BIC sub - http://www.amazon.co...=pd_sim_sbs_e_5 Your room is about the same size as mine and I use dual 15" subs and an amp that puts out 1,600w at 20hz to meet my bass requirements.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Mike Thomass

Mike Thomass

Stunt Coordinator

• 208 posts

Posted November 17 2011 - 08:05 AM

build your own speakers! i love it!!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,193 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted November 17 2011 - 02:06 PM

build your own speakers! i love it!!

You are the exception to the rule. Most DIY sites have much smaller populations but they are more enthusiastic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users