Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

OLIVE FILMS/PARAMOUNT 2012 Releases Announced

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 of 33 OFFLINE   moviepas

moviepas

Second Unit

• 449 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 09:17 AM

[*] The Buccaneer (1938) – Fredric March, Walter Brennan, Akim Tamiroff, Anthony Quinn, dir. by Cecil B. Demille [*]
    Captain Carey, U.S.A. (1950) – Alan Ladd, Wanda Hendrix, Francis Lederer, Joseph Calleia [*]
    The Lawless (1950) – Macdonald Carey, Gail Russell, dir. Joseph Losey [*]
    No Man of Her Own (1950) – Barbara Stanwyck [*]
    Silver City (1951) – Edmond O’Brien, Yvonne De Carlo, Richard Arlen, Barry Fitzgerald, Gladys George [*]
    Warpath (1951) – Edmond O’Brien, Dean Jagger, Forrest Tucker, Harry Carey Jr., Polly Bergen, Wallace Ford [*]
    Denver and the Rio Grande (1952) – Edmond O’Brein, Sterling Hayden, Dean Jagger, J. Carrol Naish, Zasu Pitts [*]
    My Son John (1952) – Helen Hayes, Van Heflin, Dean Jagger, Robert Walker, dir. by Leo McCarey [*]
    The Savage (1952) – Charlton Heston [*]
    Something to Live For (1952) – Joan Fontaine, Ray Milland, Teresa Wright [*]
    The Turning Point (1952) – William Holden, Edmond O’Brien, Alexis Smith [*]
    Pony Express (1953) – Charlton Heston, Rhonda Fleming, Jan Sterling, Forrest Tucker [*]
    Run for Cover (1955) – James Cagney, Viceca Lindfors, John Derek, Jean Hersholt, Ernest Borgnine, dir. by Nicholas Ray [*]
    The Proud and the Profane (1956) – William Holden, Deborah Kerr, Thelma Ritter [*]
    The Buccaneer (1958) – Yul Brynner, Claire Bloom, Charles Boyer, Inger Stevens, dir. Anthony Quinn [*]
    The Geisha Boy (1958) – Jerry Lewis [*]
    Rock-a-Bye-Baby (1958) – Jerry Lewis [*]
    The Jayhawkers (1959) – Jeff Chandler, Fess Parker [*]
    The Hangman (1959) – Robert Taylor, Tina Louise, Fess Parker, Jack Lord, dir. Michael Curtiz [*]
    The Trap (1959) – Richard Widmark, Lee J. Cobb, Tina Louise, Earl Holliman, Lorne Greene [*]
    The Savage Innocents (1960) – Anthony Quinn, Peter O’Toole [*]
    Man-Trap (1961) – Jeffrey Hunter, David Janssen, Stella Stevens [*]
    Too Late Blues (1961) – Bobby Darin, Stella Stevens [*]
    It's Only Money (1962) – Jerry Lewis [*]
    Who's Got the Action (1962) – Dean Martin, Lana Turner, Eddie Albert, Walter Matthau, Paul Ford [*]
    Come Blow Your Horn (1963) – Frank Sinatra, Lee J. Cobb [*]
    Who's Minding the Store (1963) – Jerry Lewis [*]
    Boeing Boeing (1965) – Tony Curtis, Jerry Lewis [*]
    The Slender Thread (1965) – Sidney Poitier, Anne Bancroft, Telly Savalas [*]
    Assault on the Queen (1966) – Frank Sinatra, Virna Lisi, Anthony Franciosa, Richard Conte [*]
    The Night of the Grizzly (1966) – Clint Walker, Martha Hyer, Keenan Wynn, Jack Elam [*]
    The Spirit is Willing (1967) – Sid Caesar, Vera Miles

Some of these have been issued sometime ago elsewhere outside USA such as an Exclusive deal with a major chain store for the Jerry Lewis titles(not Boeing Boeing, though).
There are a couple of former stage shows amongst them in film versions: COME BLOW YOUR HORN, &, BOEING BOEING. Both of these were presented on the stage in Australia. This play is French origin and said to be the most performed French play around the world. 

A pretty good collection of unseen films as far as I am concerned but it is a pity that Olive Films is a little high in their prices. Paramount must be happy or lazy(meaning not doing it themselves) with the deal.

#2 of 33 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,630 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 16 2011 - 10:04 AM

Several titles I will buy from them in 2012. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#3 of 33 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted November 16 2011 - 10:06 AM

Night of The Grizzly...yeah!

#4 of 33 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,140 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 10:13 AM

Several interesting titles in the announced list above. After having a quick glance at the list, interested in the films The Hangman (1959) (Jack Lord in the cast) and The Slender Thread (1965).

#5 of 33 OFFLINE   borisfw

borisfw

Supporting Actor

• 871 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 10:26 AM

Some really good films on this list . I hope we see them all . I wonder what type of release schedule they are thinking of ?

#6 of 33 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 2,077 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 10:28 AM

I'll be buying quite a few of those titles, and quite definitely the two Tina Louise and the two Stella Stevens movies. Boeing Boeing I remember as very funny indeed. Captain Carey I've never seen but always wanted to because the song Mona Lisa comes from it. My Son John is the ultimate Red Scare movie.

#7 of 33 OFFLINE   gunthertoody

gunthertoody

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 10:50 AM

Here's confirmation: http://www.classicfl...ave-a-1099.html

#8 of 33 OFFLINE   MLamarre

MLamarre

Second Unit

• 418 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 11:39 AM

32 films in 11 months? That's a big jump in output of them, I hope they can handle it. The films are great so I can't wait.

#9 of 33 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,795 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 11:57 AM

Great to see such a large release schedule. The release of The Savage Innocents has been held in suspense for a while, and was originally part of the first wave. I've heard a tentative Spring release has been planned, but I've gotten slightly impatient on that one.

#10 of 33 OFFLINE   Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted November 16 2011 - 12:34 PM

Assault On A Queen, great stuff!

#11 of 33 OFFLINE   Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,376 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 12:48 PM

Great news for we fans of catalog titles but -sigh- seeing as how De Mille's The Buccaneer (both versions) is on the schedule, I can't help but wonder if his Samson And Delilah will ever see the light of day.

#12 of 33 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,928 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted November 16 2011 - 12:53 PM

I wonder if these titles will come under a 100th Paramount anniversary banner from Olive.  I see about 8 I will be ordering for sure and another 6 on the fence.  Some of the titles I have wanted for a long time.  I still think Samson and Delilah will be out from Paramount themselves as a Blu-ray.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#13 of 33 OFFLINE   Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted November 16 2011 - 12:55 PM

Great news for we fans of catalog titles but -sigh- seeing as how De Mille's The Buccaneer (both versions) is on the schedule, I can't help but wonder if his Samson And Delilah will ever see the light of day.

I'd think that Paramount would want to release that themselves. Roll on a stonking looking Blu-ray. The film is a lot more fun than The Ten Commendments..& that temple scene at the end, I don't think they could improve on that now.

#14 of 33 OFFLINE   Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 01:02 PM

Many great titles, though it is, sensibly I suppose, smaller than the initial unconfirmed list that was posted earlier. These releases only go up to '67 and I notice the announcement is through ClassicFlix. Is the absence of post-60s films on this list because ClassicFlix has no interest in them? I was really hoping to see 1984'S FIRSTBORN, which was part of the initial list sourced from IMDb credits.

#15 of 33 OFFLINE   Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,376 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 01:08 PM

These releases only go up to '67 and I notice the announcement is through ClassicFlix. Is the absence of post-60s films on this list because ClassicFlix has no interest in them? I was really hoping to see 1984'S FIRSTBORN, which was part of the initial list sourced from IMDb credits.

ClassicFlix doesn't stock films that aren't part of the "classic" era. Their cut off is, I believe, 1970 and on so they wouldn't list a film like Firstborn. The list is for their customers only so they only list the films they will stock.

#16 of 33 OFFLINE   Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 01:48 PM

ClassicFlix doesn't stock films that aren't part of the "classic" era. Their cut off is, I believe, 1970 and on so they wouldn't list a film like Firstborn. The list is for their customers only so they only list the films they will stock.

Yes, I understand that, which is exactly why I wondered if this is the complete list. I know ClassicFlix's philosophy and noticed that the announcement was from them. I have good friends with close connections to the Olive folks so I'll see if I can squeeze some more info out of them.

#17 of 33 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 03:36 PM

Some very interesting films and a number of titles I want, but I will be pleasantly surprised if Olive actually releases a third of the films on that list.

#18 of 33 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,795 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 05:37 PM

Jon is right that there are some post-1970s titles that aren't included due to Classicflix trying to keep their rental program in a specific "classic" era, cutting off anything made after 1969. The list provided earlier by Harry Lime in the Olive Films tread shows those post-1969 titles.

#19 of 33 OFFLINE   Justin Ray

Justin Ray

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 06:40 PM

Still disappointed that the folks at Paramount and Olive continue to over look such gems as The Rat Race(1960), The Pleasure of His Company (1961), My Six Loves (1963), Love with the Proper Stranger (1963), All the Way Home (1963), [I]Wild is the Wind (1957), [I]Ash Wednesday (1973), and Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977).

#20 of 33 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,058 posts

Posted November 17 2011 - 03:15 AM

Hopefully, some of these will see BRD (and Olive won't have any trouble licensing Mona Lisa). Remember Olive, I'm still looking for The Mating Season, Secret of the Incas, and more Bob Hope. Merry Christmas to you too.