Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

new plasma phosphor trails?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   craig_curtis

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator

• 179 posts
  • LocationGlen Ridge, NJ

Posted November 15 2011 - 03:50 PM

I bought a new Panny 55GT30 (well, the Best Buy GT31 "kit" - it came with 2 pairs of shutter glasses, Avatar 3D, and a Skype web video camera) and so far, so good - at least for me. Unfortunately, my wife sees the "phosphor trails" or something in most of the tv material we've watched. I don't see it. I'm HOPING that after an appropriate burn in time, the issue will go away, but I'm not confident that it will happen. Has anyone experienced this? The way it is, I'm going to have to return the TV for an LCD to make the wife happy (and not nauseated)... And if THAT's the case? any recommendations for something in a similar price range and same size? thx c
Signature? What signature?!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   elwaylite

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 12:25 AM

Some folks can see it, some folks cant as much, just like DLP rainbows. I could see rainbows, and it was definitely annoying at times. Not sure that it'll get better, and hard to find a good LCD in plasma size/dollar. Might try a Samsung D7000 and see if she is bothered by it. Maybe watch in store?
Video: TC-P65GT30 / UD5007
Audio: Marantz SR6005 / Klipsch RF-82 II (2) / Klipsch RC-62 II / VTF-15H

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   craig_curtis

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator

• 179 posts
  • LocationGlen Ridge, NJ

Posted November 16 2011 - 06:44 AM

problem is that she DID watch it in store, but didn't notice it (she doesn't see it watching in 3D which is the only way they display material). We're trying to burn in the tv now, so hopefully that will fix it. Otherwise I'll just have to get something else (which is too bad because I like the picture quality as it is!)
Signature? What signature?!