Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I cannot seem to get this receiver - amp combo to work

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   jtpryan

jtpryan

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted November 13 2011 - 10:39 PM

I have a Yamaha RX-V571 Receiver and a Niles SI-275 amp. I have a typical HT setup (TV, 5.1) that works fine. The problem is I have 7 rooms with speakers in them that I want to listen to music in. This is the reason I bought the Niles. It is connected to a speaker switch and the AV-Out on the receiver. Now, if I connect my iPod to the front, analog, AV in I get music in all the rooms. The problem is I don't get anything from any other source. I don't really care about the cable box, but I have a PC as a music server connected via HDMI to the receiver and can only get output from the 5.1 speakers in the living room, none of the room speakers. The problem seem to be there is no way to redirect the audio output of an HDMI port to the AV-Out jacks on the back. Only the analog inputs go out that way. In fact, what I would want is to have the PC (HDMI3) audio go out BOTH the 5.1 front speakers and the room speakers. I want whole house music. Did I pick the wrong receiver and if so, what would be a good choice? -Jim

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,784 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted November 14 2011 - 09:45 AM

You didn't pick the wrong receiver. Almost all receivers will only activate the Zone 2 (which I'm assuming is what you're trying to use) with analog inputs, not digital. That's why the iPod thing is working but the others aren't.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   jtpryan

jtpryan

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 02:41 PM

That's exactly it. There is no Zone 2 or Speaker B channel. That's why I think it's wrong. -Jim

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   jtpryan

jtpryan

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted December 06 2011 - 06:23 AM

Nobody? I cannot believe, in this day and age, that this cannot be done. Am I to understand that there is no way to have a device connected to an HDMI input pass through to an amplifier and go out to speakers throughout the house? I mean the end game here is to be able to listen to music from either analog or digital devices (RCA or HDMI) through all the speakers in the house. -Jim

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   John Brill

John Brill

Supporting Actor

• 519 posts

Posted December 06 2011 - 07:47 AM

Its the nature of HDMI unfortunately. Part of the licensing agreement with product manufacturers is to prevent pass through to analog outputs (presumably to deter copying of digital content). You could try an HDMI to 5 RCA (component + audio) converter (~$40 on amazon) and see if that solves your problem. However, with most of these converters, a 1080p signal will most likely be downgraded to 720p but 2 channel audio should still be 2 channel audio after the conversion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users