What's new

Adapter Hub for Wii / Xbox 360 / HDMI / Audio Help (1 Viewer)

gngrwzrd

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron Smith
Hey All, I need some help. I don't really game that much but the reason I don't is because of all this equipment and cables that irritate me. Anyway, I'm looking to hook up my 360 and Wii to my work station monitor - a 27" Acer with two HDMI inputs. I use one HDMI input for my laptop / work. But would like to use the other for these consoles I have but never use. Is there some type of switch / hub that I can hook it all up to and use only one HDMI input to the display? Then what do I do about audio? I am going to be purchasing AQ Audio Smart Speakers with Airplay. How would I deal with audio from all these consoles so I can easily switch sources and redirect audio to these speakers? It's be nice to have one hub that has it all in one place instead of two hubs for vid/audio. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Welcome to Home Theater Forum Aaron. Do you know what type of input is on the AQ speakers? I went to their website and it just said an AUX input, not if it was analog or digital, so I am going to assume its and analog input. Wii doesn't have a HDMI output so that might complicate things. Does your monitor have any inputs besides the two HDMIs? Converters from analog video to HDMI run around $50. If you could live w/o the Wii, you could hook up your laptop to HDMI 1, and hook up your XBOX to HDMI 2 with a simple audio switcher to feed the AUX input on the speakers. If you wanted to feed everything into one HDMI port there are HDMI switchers that strip off the audio. Here are some examples of both solutions. I haven't used either personally,

Audio switcher (if you plug the XBOX and PC into different inputs. This will just switch the audio for input to the speakers):

Runs between $10 and $20 on Amazon:

imgrepo

HDMI audio switcher (if you want XBOX and PC to share same input):

There are some HDMI switchers that will strip off the audio and route it out to an analog output. Here is an example on Amazon:

imgrepo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks