Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

NCIS: Los Angeles - Season 3

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted November 10 2011 - 08:33 AM

Have done a HTF search in the TV Programming folder for any NCIS: Los Angeles threads, and could not find any for the latest third season.

Didn't want to ask this question in the Hawaii Five-0 thread as I don't want to be spoiled about it's second season. Was Kensi Blye's appearance in the Hawaii Five-0 episode mentioned in the NCIS: Los Angeles episodes shown the Tuesday before, the same week of and after the Five-0 episode (the episodes "Sacrifice", "Lone Wolf" and "Honour")?

#2 of 11 Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,560 posts

Posted November 10 2011 - 09:05 AM

Not that I recall.

Amazing season of NCIS: LA, in any event.

#3 of 11 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,556 posts

Posted November 10 2011 - 09:51 AM

In the episode of NCIS:LA on Tuesday 11/01 (Honor) the night after Five-O, the opening moments of the show featured a bit where the team members were discussing that Deeks was supposed to pickup Kensi from the airport when she (Kensi) arrives at headquarters. They briefly discuss her trip to Hawaii but don't get into any of specifics regarding Five-O. This is the only mention in the NCIS: LA series that I can recall of the trip. - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#4 of 11 Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,560 posts

Posted November 10 2011 - 10:32 AM

Good catch, Walter!

#5 of 11 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted November 10 2011 - 10:55 AM

Many thanks Walter. Whether the Hawaii Five-0 appearance got a short or good mention, glad that it was mentioned.

#6 of 11 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,556 posts

Posted November 10 2011 - 04:40 PM

Glad to have helped. I remembered the bit, because Deeks was asleep in a blanket at headquarters when Kensi arrives. (One of my favorite elements in this show is the give and take with Kensi and Deeks that provides much of the show's comic relief.) - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#7 of 11 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted February 06 2012 - 04:58 AM

Thought I'd watch NCIS: Los Angeles for one week only, the episode "Lone Wolf", which was shown the night after the Hawaii Five-0 episode in which Kensi Blye crossed over to help McGarrett and Joe White with the video clip of McGarrett's father, Wo Fat and the Governor. A couple of quick mentions of Kensi's trip to Hawaii, but not much detail.

The NCIS: Los Angeles episode itself was alright and had it's moments, but I've seen better on the original NCIS show.

#8 of 11 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted April 15 2012 - 05:19 AM

Am hoping the NCIS: Los Angeles part of the crossover mostly takes place back in Los Angeles, rather than taking place just on the Hawaiian island(s). You could see it as a ratings stunt, but it should bring better ratings for Hawaii Five-0. Trying not to read any spoilers for the Hawaiian-set series (especially up to and incuding the season finale), but I'm interested to read about this crossover.

#9 of 11 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted May 21 2012 - 03:32 AM

Well, the crossover with Hawaii Five-0 ended satisfactorily, but what happened in the majority of the episode wasn't as good as the setup in the first part. Too much comedy and the choice of music in scenes which were serious was awful (the throwaway conversation about McGarrett and 'Shellburne' for instance). I'm surprised that NCIS: Los Angeles is the second highest rated scripted drama series in the US. The acting on Hawaii Five-0, whilst not perfect, is much better than on the NCIS spin-off (the original NCIS is a much better show than it's spin-off).

I've seen better two-part crossovers, but I would still like to see a second Hawaii Five-0 crossover next season, but with the original NCIS and hopefully with Alex O'Loughlin involved. Even though I don't like the CSI shows, thought the crossover with CSI and Without a Trace a few seasons ago was very good, with the Law & Order and Homicide: Life on the Street crossover "Sideshow" being the best (haven't seen the first two crossovers between these two shows).

#10 of 11 Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,560 posts

Posted May 21 2012 - 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by WaveCrest 

The acting on Hawaii Five-0, whilst not perfect, is much better than on the NCIS spin-off (the original NCIS is a much better show than it's spin-off).

Interesting.  I actually have the exact opposite view: the acting on Five-0 is generally okay to cringe-worthy, while the performances on NCIS-LA are generally good to great.

Personally, I would like to see another full NCIS/NCIS:LA crossover.

Regarding the season finale, I found it enjoyable--my guess is that the events at the end are all part of a larger undercover op the assistant director is running.

#11 of 11 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted May 21 2012 - 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Dial 

Interesting.  I actually have the exact opposite view: the acting on Five-0 is generally okay to cringe-worthy, while the performances on NCIS-LA are generally good to great.

Personally, I would like to see another full NCIS/NCIS:LA crossover.

Had to avoid reading the last sentence of your post (two weeks away from seeing the season finale).

That's what's so interesting about forums. If we had the same opinion on topics it would be a very boring place. And if someone disagrees with your opinion, they shouldn't have to change what they think. On the occasions I've watched NCIS: Los Angeles I haven't been impressed by the acting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users