Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

HTPC - custom built, amd e350, bluray, hdmi, more

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   bzyzny

bzyzny

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted November 09 2011 - 11:04 AM

I just dropped the price from $400 to $380. A friend of a friend requested that I build this computer for him, but he fell through on the deal at the last minute and left me stuck with a computer to sell. So I realized that since this computer was built for a specific purpose (to be connected to the home theater and run as a network storage and web page host in the background), I realized that my best bet for finding a buyer would be to look where people know the value of what I've built. I used an AMD E-350 since it provided a great balance of graphical performance and energy efficiency. Using a P3 Kill-A-Watt I measured its idle power draw to be ~55W and with at a high load it was ~68W. Anyways, here are the specifications: - AMD E-350 APU 1.6Ghz Dual Core processor and Radeon HD 6310 GPU - 4GB Gskill DDR3 1333Mhz memory - 750GB 7200rpm HDD - Blu-Ray drive with Dual Layer DVD-RW burning - Multi-format flash memory card reader - HDMI, DVI, and VGA video ouputs - Optical Audio and Analogue Audio 7.1 channel outputs - 2x USB 3.0 ports, and 6x USB 2.0 (2 in front and 4 in back) - Gigabit Ethernet - Wifi 802.11N 150Mbs USB module - 4x 6Gb/s SATA ports - 1 PCIe 2.0 4x slot - PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard port I'll also include a mouse and keyboard that are only lightly used (depends which I have at the moment, I go thru a lot of keyboards :). If you need speakers or a monitor I also have a used set of altec lansing speakers with subwoofer for $30 and a 19" Dell 1908pfb lcd monitor for $60. I've been working with computers since about 1998 and have been building them occasionally for the past 3 years, and so far I haven't had any complaints ;-D Anyways, if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them! And if you want better pics I can email you some or upload them later.