Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pioneer SC25: Sub doesn't kick in when playing CD's

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Dale124

Dale124

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted November 06 2011 - 11:09 AM

Hi all. I was wondering if someone out there might know how I can get my subwoofer to work when playing music. when I put in a cd, or play audio tracks from my PS3, the sub will not kick in. The manual has been little help, it just mentions that in stereo mode, you only get sound from the 2 front speakers, and possibly the subwoofer, depending on speaker setup. Well, it would have been nice if they elaborated on the speaker setup part, but I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dale.

#2 of 4 ONLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,627 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted November 06 2011 - 12:10 PM

2 things: It sounds like you are only playing CDs in straight stereo mode and not in a surround mode such as "pro-logic" or some other music mode that will engage all speakers including the sub. However if you prefer to only have sound for the 2 main speaker and the sub, you need to set your main speakers to "small" so that lower frequencies will be routed to the sub. Many receivers will also allow you to set the crossover frequency.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Frank A

Frank A

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted November 07 2011 - 01:14 PM

I agree with Mark-P. Check to see if your speakers are set to small or large in your receiver. Small means that the receiver sends signals to the sub under certain frequencies and large means no frequencies are sent to the sub from the speakers (in stereo mode). Also, be aware that a lot (most?) music does not have a whole lot of lower frequencies that need to go to the sub (some maybe, but not a whole lot, depending on your front speakers, of course).

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Dale124

Dale124

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted November 07 2011 - 03:34 PM

Thanks, guys. I'll try the speaker settings tomorrow. I always thought the large and small settings were for if you had tower or bookshelf sized speakers. I'll let you know how it goes. Dale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users