What's new

HD Tuner for Projector (1 Viewer)

Jamesurq

Auditioning
Real Name
James
So I don't have cable or sattelite - so I'm using Netflix and Hulu and Bluerays.
But it dawned on me, I can't have a Superbowl party this year unless I get an antenna.
But... My projector doesn't have a tuner built in.
Is there a reasonably cheap HD tuner that I can buy? HDMI out

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I've used the Centronics ZAT502HD with my projector for about 2 years, and I've been very happy with it. I think it was $99.

zorbi

Auditioning
Real Name
Ian
Realize this is an older post, however i had been looking for something similar and just purchased the Boxee TV ($99). I also don't have cable or sat, just good ole OTA, yet wanted the ability to watch some TV w/ the projector (recently built a play room/theater room w/ lots of help by reading posts here)
I really only wanted it for certain events superbowl, turkey day parade (wife), etc and it also has netflix and vudu. Sure it does have the cloud DVR option (not yet in my area) however i don't have a use for that yet.
So far it works for my limited need and cost is not to bad at $99, we will see..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks