Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Question on Elizabeth blu-ray dvd's

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   MrsMac

MrsMac

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted November 04 2011 - 02:05 PM

I was looking at this combo blu-ray dvd of Elizabeth and Elizabeth: The Golden Age: http://www.amazon.co...20125870&sr=1-1 The price is excellent at $10.99, but I can't tell if they have either subtitles or CC. I don't see either listed, but I've learned that doesn't mean beans. ;) If I bought both movies separately, they show subtitles. They also would cost twice the price. Elizabeth: http://www.amazon.co...20455841&sr=1-6 Elizabeth: The Golden Age http://www.amazon.co..._bxgy_mov_img_b So does anyone know if the combo has subtitles or CC? Also, what is offered on the separate blu-ray dvd's that would justify the added expense? Thanks.

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,413 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted November 04 2011 - 03:19 PM

The double feature is the exact same two discs as the individual packaging. Obviously a steal to get the double-bill.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   MrsMac

MrsMac

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted November 04 2011 - 04:45 PM

Thanks, Mark. Hope your weather is decent up there!

#4 of 9 ONLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,462 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted November 05 2011 - 05:55 AM

My DVD of Elizabeth has a director's commentary, did the blu-ray port it over? Is there one on the second movie?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#5 of 9 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,395 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 05 2011 - 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny Angell 

My DVD of Elizabeth has a director's commentary, did the blu-ray port it over? Is there one on the second movie?

Yes, both films have director commentaries on the Double Feature BRD.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   benbess

benbess

Screenwriter

• 1,863 posts

Posted November 05 2011 - 10:40 AM

This is a great deal on this double bill. Watched the first movie a couple of years ago and was impressed. Haven't seen the second, but I'm looking forward to it.

#7 of 9 ONLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,462 posts

Posted November 05 2011 - 03:07 PM

I've not seen the second movie but my recollection is that it was poorly reviewed. The price for just the first movie is great.j
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   MrsMac

MrsMac

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted November 05 2011 - 05:42 PM

Both movies are favorites of ours, but maybe that's because we enjoy movies about this period in history and we're fans of Cate Blanchett. ;) We own both movies on good old plain DVD's, but now that we have a blu-ray player, we're buying the combo and will give the good old plain DVD's to the local movie rental guy. :)

#9 of 9 ONLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,462 posts

Posted November 06 2011 - 04:43 AM

I enjoy historical dramas too, so reviews aside, I will watch Golden Age with an open mind and hope to enjoy it. I've ordered this set.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org