Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PHE Press Release: Mission: Impossible - Extreme Trilogy Collection (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,777 posts

Posted November 03 2011 - 12:18 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

A “mission” more than a decade in the making.  Tom Cruise is IMF Agent Ethan Hunt, one of the greatest action heroes of all time, in the adrenaline-pumping suspense-filled blockbuster series Mission Impossible.  Filmed in the most exotic locations around the world by the biggest directors in Hollywood, including Brian De Palma, John Woo and J.J. Abrams, the Extreme Trilogy collection presents every explosive moment in state-of-the-art sound and picture quality.  Your mission should you choose to accept it - experience the best action film collection.  The DVD set will be available for $19.99, and the Blu-ray set will be available for $29.99.
  Mission: Impossible
DVD
·        Widescreen Format
·        Dolby Digital: English 5.1 Surround, English 2.0 Surround & French 2.0 Surround ·        English & Spanish Subtitles

Blu-ray
·        1080p High Definition

·        English 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital & Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital

·        English, English SDH+, French & Spanish Subtitles

·        Special Features: (on DVD & Blu-ray)

o  Mission: Remarkable - 40 Years of Creating the Impossible
o  Mission: Explosive Exploits

o  Mission: Spies Among Us

o  Mission: Catching the Train

Mission Impossible 2

DVD       ·        Widescreen Format
·        Dolby Digital: English 5.1 Surround & French 2.0 Surround ·        English Subtitles

Blu-ray
1080p High Definition
·        English 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital & Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital

o  Commentary by Director John Woo
o  Behind the Mission
o  Mission Incredible
o  Impossible Shots
Mission: Impossible 3

DVD
·        Widescreen Format
·        Dolby Digital: English 5.1 Surround & French 2.0 Surround ·        English & Spanish Subtitles

Blu-ray
·        1080p High Definition

o  Commentary by Tom Cruise and Director J.J. Abrams As They Discuss Their Experience Making I:M:III

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted November 03 2011 - 01:05 PM

Seriously Paramount? We're still repackaging lossy audio encodes? What is this, 2008? Next....

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   AaronMK

AaronMK

Supporting Actor

• 768 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted November 03 2011 - 02:59 PM

Too bad. I would have paid twice that for lossless audio and Braveheart caliber video. Maybe there is hope for when Ghost Protocol is released on Blu-ray.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,975 posts
  • LocationNew York City/San Lorenzo, PR

Posted November 04 2011 - 01:07 AM

I hated Part II with a passion and actually like the third one more than the first. Paramount should've waited until the latest instalment hits home video to release a box set. But, of course, they're not going to release another fancy compilation again next year, right?
RIP Roberto Gomez Bolanos.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,016 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted November 04 2011 - 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by elDomenechHTF 

I hated Part II with a passion and actually like the third one more than the first. Paramount should've waited until the latest instalment hits home video to release a box set. But, of course, they're not going to release another fancy compilation again next year, right?

I would be suprised if they don't.  I have the trilogy on HD DVD and will probably wait for the release of IV to upgrade them to Blu-ray.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Gary Seven

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah

• 1,499 posts
  • LocationLake Worth, Florida

Posted November 04 2011 - 05:27 AM

These movies are so misnomered...should be called the Adventures of Ethan Hunt.  Even the promo screams of it... Ethan Hunt one of the greatest action heroes of all time... lol.  A pity Tom Cruise got involved with this franchise as all hopes of getting an actual Mission Impossible movie is highly unlikely while he is involved.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,227 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted November 04 2011 - 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Southpaw 

Seriously Paramount? We're still repackaging lossy audio encodes? What is this, 2008?
Next....

I never did buy this series in any format, looks like I'll continue to hold off.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Brisby

Brisby

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted November 04 2011 - 09:41 AM

What extras are missing from the individual releases?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users