What's new

No surround sound while streaming from Netflix to Samsung TV (1 Viewer)

mactep76

Auditioning
Real Name
Boris
So, i'm trying to stream the Netflix movies to my Samsung TV that is hooked up to the cable box which is in turn connected to the Bose Lifestyle Home Theatre system. When I iriginally configured Bose system, there was no option to set up TV as one of the devices; only cable, DVD player, Blue-ray, etc.
As a result, since Netflix streams throught the TV, I get no sound on the Bose just the video. Sound comes to the TV speakers. Would anyone advise me on how to get the TV's sound to go to the Bose system? Thanks

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think not the ps3 streams in 5.1 but don't quote me on that.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
If memory serves there is only a couple of devices that are currently 5.1 surround capable with Netflix. Most it seems are not....maybe someone else might have more up to date info than me.

maryclare45

Auditioning
Real Name
Mary Clare Houghes
I have the Harman Kardon surround sound system and was having the same problem.. I finally went to the Samsung TV menu on the remote and selected the sound option. I then selected to turn the external speakers on and that took care of it. Hope that this helps. Mary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks