GTA V (Five) (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Aw yeeaaaaahhhhh.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/11/first-trailer-for-grand-theft-auto-v-released.ars
Up N Atom burgers, I'm gonna lay it right out there that this is clearly a tribute to GTA and In and Out fan RAF =)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Visually, looks really good. I don't know how they can keep squeezing more power out of these old platforms. I played SA for something like 324 hours, so I hope they kept the layout pretty close. I should be able to find Grove Street with ease, for example. I wouldn't be surprised if they throw out Venturas, but I hope San Fierro makes it in. We get the surrounding mountains, at any rate.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Man, I really hope that I get to go on a 5-star rampage against the U.S. Army while wearing that Cosby-sweater.
ALL of San Andreas again? Woof. Looks fine and dandy to me. If the words "Radio-Controlled [anything]" appear in this game at any point, I'll spend my $60 hiring someone to punch Dan Houser in the kidneys, but yeah, looks fine.
Something I hope to see a return to? Bicycles. Didn't see any yet, but I'll keep looking. One of my favorite things from San Andreas was barely escaping the law/Ballas on a BMX.
Best thing about setting this in L.A.? From a developer standpoint, you can use the smog as justification for limited draw-distance.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I've yet to finish any GTA game, but that doesn't stop me from wanting this one badly. I think it's rumoured for an April release, that should give me hundreds of hours to finish Skyrim before it drops.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
In my mind, CJ became a big wheel, semi-legitimate businessman, living in Fierro with his wife, Katie. I hope there's something along those lines, and I really hope we get some Wu Zi.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
joshEH said:
, it was getting a call from fucking Dwayne about going fucking bowling, right when I was shotgun-deep in a fucking bank-robbery.
That's what turned me off on GTAIV. I was spending so much time taking people to darts and dinner that I never had time for the actual missions. Is there a penalty if you ignore the dates? I'm tempted to throw the game back on and finish the story.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Just accept the call, tell the person "yes," then immediately call them back, and select "Cancel Plans" on your cell-phone's menu.
You can then keep on playing gay-golf with Brucie to your heart's content.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Ugh, sounds like as much as a pain as just going through with the dates. I'd rather just ignore the phone if I'm on a mission ha ha

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Russell G said:
Ugh, sounds like as much as a pain as just going through with the dates. I'd rather just ignore the phone if I'm on a mission ha ha
You can just ignore them entirely. They'll just stop calling you socially after a while. Any calls related to the story will still happen though.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Good to know they can be ignored. Might give it a spin this weekend as a pallet cleanse before Skyrim drops.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
If you ignore them, though, some trophies will be missed and some missions become non-existant if I remember right. I enjoyed GTA IV, though.. first and only one I played.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Cover revealed, story goes live at 2:
https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/08/december-cover-revealed-grand-theft-auto-v.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks