What's new

Puss In Boots - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Granted, I like cats, and I liked the character of Puss In Boots from the Shrek movies, so I was pre-disposed to enjoy this full-length feature of Puss In Boots, and I saw it in 3D as well. The first 20 minutes are really entertaining, then it hits a bit of a lull as Puss reveals his origin and his relation to Humpty Dumpty, and then it's off on the main plot of the film that involves magic beans, giant bean stalks, castles in the sky, etc. They made good use of the 3D for many kinetic scenes featuring running, jumping, sliding, and flying. What I find really funny is how Puss reacts when he's scared or surprised, he reacts just like a real cat, and his reactions just slay me, it's a small detail, but appreciated. There are some fun dance sequences, and Antonio Banderas has a lot of fun voicing Puss In Boots. I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B. I'd grade it higher if I wasn't weirded out by the sight of Humpty Dumpty looking like Steve-O from Jackass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks