Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Finally-SHADOW OF THE HAWK

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted October 29 2011 - 02:21 AM

A great surprise to see Columbia is releasing this MOD November 8th. Its a surprisingly atmospheric thriller that played quite a bit on HBO in the mid 70s. Columbia is really dusting their shelves-can Vincents BUSTER AND BILLIE and most importantly BABY BLUE MARINE be far off? I'm loving these Columbia discs-very well done. Hopefully HAWK will include its terrific trailer. Other Columbia no shows on video coming are HANNIBAL BROOKS and YOU MUST BE JOKING! -very cool. Is another Columbia release-OPEN SEASON-still in public domain?(it was released on vhs as RECON GAME. I know THE FARMER was ammounced by Code Red-another Columbia orphan.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeffrey:K

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit

• 287 posts

Posted October 29 2011 - 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Louis Letizia 

A great surprise to see Columbia is releasing this MOD November 8th. Its a surprisingly atmospheric thriller that played quite a bit on HBO in the mid 70s.
Columbia is really dusting their shelves-can Vincents BUSTER AND BILLIE and most importantly BABY BLUE MARINE be far off?
I'm loving these Columbia discs-very well done. Hopefully HAWK will include its terrific trailer.
Other Columbia no shows on video coming are HANNIBAL BROOKS and YOU MUST BE JOKING! -very cool.
Is another Columbia release-OPEN SEASON-still in public domain?(it was released on vhs as RECON GAME. I know THE FARMER was ammounced by Code Red-another Columbia orphan.

Has HANNIBAL BROOKS been announced? I know YOU MUST BE JOKING! is coming in November.

Someone posted on another board that OPEN SEASON is owned by someone in Spain who has no interest in making a deal for a DVD release.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   walter o

walter o

Supporting Actor

• 848 posts

Posted October 29 2011 - 07:56 AM

Isnt HANNIBAL BROOK a UA title, therefore MGM? As for BUSTER AND BILLIE, I seriously doubt it will ever come out.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeffrey:K

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit

• 287 posts

Posted October 29 2011 - 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by walter o 

Isnt HANNIBAL BROOK a UA title, therefore MGM? As for BUSTER AND BILLIE, I seriously doubt it will ever come out.

Yes, HANNIBAL BROOKS is a UA title and it's just been listed for pre-order at Screen Archives as part of the MGM MOD line.

What would keep BUSTER AND BILLIE from coming out?

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted October 29 2011 - 10:45 AM

Yes Walter- HANNIBAL BROOKS will be an MGM vault. Sorry - it blurred in with the rest .ScreenArchives has it listed for November. I like that both Columbia and MGM have stepped up their catalog output. As MODs and DVDs are beginning to look the same-trailers and extras are popping up more frequently on MODs and more importantly care has been taken in restoration. As one that will watch movies even on vhs still-it is -and this is only my preference-less important in which format I see films-be it DVD, VHS , MOD , Cable , Streamimg...it sometimes is cool just revisiting a movie from youth -even ones you've only read about. Streamimg is a great practice run to sample a movie you've never seen -a recent example for me was 1972's CHILD'S PLAY (never on video in u.s.). While I enjoyed it-it would not have been worth a purchase-for me-to own. BUSTER AND BILLIE is sure to make it to MOD....this has been Jan Michael Vincents year -DAMNATION ALLEY, VIGILANTE FORCE , WHITE LINE FEVER and now SHADOW OF THE HAWK all making it to DVD/MOD. Why do you think it won't make it Walter?

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   walter o

walter o

Supporting Actor

• 848 posts

Posted October 29 2011 - 01:17 PM

Cant really explain it in detail, but lets say currently not only there is rights issues preventing it, but element issues, but of course, never say never in this business.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Flashgear

Flashgear

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted October 30 2011 - 05:40 PM

I'd sure like to see BABY BLUE MARINE released...great film....and, as for Jan Michael Vincent,... TRIBES,... that memorable ABC TV movie from 1970 with him as a Vietnam era hippie draftee and Darren McGavin as his DI...don't expect that's likely...