• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted October 28 2011 - 12:32 PM

Mr. Ricco 1975 starring Dean Martin is not available in the United States on DVD. Does MGM own Mr. Ricco? Any news of why this isn't on DVD and are there any plans to release this on DVD or MOD? Thanks! Robert

#2 of 7 ahollis

ahollis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,130 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted October 28 2011 - 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by MCCLOUD 

Mr. Ricco 1975 starring Dean Martin is not available in the United States on DVD. Does MGM own Mr. Ricco? Any news of why this isn't on DVD and are there any plans to release this on DVD or MOD?
Thanks!
Robert

Warner Brothers owns most of the pre 1986 MGM films, which this falls into.  It more than likely will come through their MOD program sometime next year.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#3 of 7 Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts

Posted October 28 2011 - 01:12 PM

My guess is that one day this might resurface as part of the MGM Limited Edition Collection, but none of these MODs has a conventional release schedule. It's not on DVD because it's a minor catalog title that the studios don't release anymore.

#4 of 7 Richard--W

Richard--W

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,527 posts

Posted October 28 2011 - 01:28 PM

I vaguely remember seeing Mr. Ricco on a double-bill with .... Logan's Run, I think it was. Or maybe it played with White Lighting on a second run. It has some wit, like when Dino drives a freshly painted car before the paint has dried. Didn't he play a district attorney who tries to prosecute black gangsters. Kind of political for Dino. Cindy Williams was also in it. Was this ever on home video? Plenty of Dino collectors out there who want to see his last film.

#5 of 7 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted October 28 2011 - 02:19 PM

Dean used to say about "Mr. Ricco" that it was so bad it wasn't released...it ESCAPED! Anyway, I've never seen it and wish it would get a MOD release.

#6 of 7 Charles H

Charles H

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted October 29 2011 - 01:53 AM

MR. RICO and TICK...TICK...TICK were mentioned by the Archive for Black History Month a couple of years ago.
Charles Hoyt

#7 of 7 Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted October 29 2011 - 02:26 AM

I had thought they would have released 1977's BROTHERS during Black History month. An engrossing , solid film with a fine performance from the sorely missed Vonetta McGee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users