Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Chuck - Season 5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
127 replies to this topic

#1 of 128 ONLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,868 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 28 2011 - 08:45 AM

Yay, I get to start the new Chuck thread (unless someone already started one). It starts back up tonight opposite World Series BASEketball. Maybe that'll drive some Fringe viewers who aren't into sports to Chuck!

#2 of 128 OFFLINE   JimKr

JimKr

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted October 28 2011 - 01:30 PM

Not a Chuck fan, grandkids love it. I gotta ask... when I glanced at it I was shocked at the picture quality. Our local NBC affiliate here always has pristine quality even with it's METV sub channel. Chuck looked horrible! I was simply curious if it was me or was the network feed sub-par?

#3 of 128 OFFLINE   spshultz

spshultz

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted October 28 2011 - 03:24 PM

Good grief how in the world did the network let that acronym pass the sensors? That was great.

I enjoyed the episode and will be sad to see the show end.

#4 of 128 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,596 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted October 28 2011 - 03:39 PM

Chuck has always had mediocre to decent image quality, never great. I think the last few Blu-ray releases I've only given them a 3.5/5 on video.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#5 of 128 ONLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,868 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 29 2011 - 09:15 AM

Very interesting way to play with the expectations from last season's finale. It opens on the balcony of a mansion, which we automatically assume is Chuck and Sarah's new place. And by the end, Chuck is barely in a better place financially than he's ever been. Luke Skywalker looks like Meatloaf now. I wish I could remember the Dekker stuff a little better. I know he took away the Intersect from Chuck, but little else. I may need to rewatch the end of last season's finale, especially since he's going to be Chuck's chief nemesis apparently.

#6 of 128 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,596 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted October 29 2011 - 09:20 AM

I was pretty fuzzy on Dekker as well. Good thing for Wikipedia.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#7 of 128 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,305 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 29 2011 - 04:55 PM

I enjoyed the premiere quite a bit, because it really showcased Chuck's other, non-Intersect talents. I like him as the Hannibal of this little A-Team. Presumably he'll get the Intersect back before the series finale, and presumably there's more that makes him dangerous than just the Intersect, or Dekker wouldn't be after him so hard. And no PQ complaints here.

#8 of 128 ONLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,868 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 29 2011 - 05:57 PM

Sarah didn't want her toes in the sand so much as she wanted a picketed utilitarian suburban sod yard.

#9 of 128 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,305 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 30 2011 - 05:52 AM

The ratings for the premiere hit a series low. I'm so happy that the entire finale season is in the can, so I don't have to worry about getting cut off midstream any more.

#10 of 128 ONLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,868 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 30 2011 - 07:04 AM

It's good NBC isn't suddenly on fire, or there'd be the danger of them pulling it early. I guess the Blu-Rays would come out in that case. At any rate, wait until next week. Bayball definitely had an effect. I'm still thinking Chuck can pull out another season as dire as things are at the Peacock. ;)

#11 of 128 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted November 02 2011 - 07:27 AM

Sorry. But, Chuck and not Morgan needs to have the intersect. Chuck always was smart and could do things...He did go to Stamford. He became mainly the way he was by incidents in his life that knocked him back. Morgan is Morgan. One step up from Jeff & Lester. On a side note. Anyone else think at the end of the series Chuck's dad will reappear. Yes, I know he was shot and appeared dead.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#12 of 128 ONLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,868 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted November 02 2011 - 08:43 AM

Yeah, I think so. Especially now that Bakula doesn't have a regular show. :f :f Chuck should be the only one with the Intersect, but I think it's just temporary. A big focus for now will be Chuck trying to get it back, though with only 12 episodes left, they need to do it sooner rather than later. Then again, I don't as much mind the switch.

#13 of 128 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,305 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted November 02 2011 - 11:19 AM

The thing about putting the intersect in Morgan, is that it's a way of showing that Chuck was more than just the intersect. He saved the day in the premiere by using his other skill sets. That being said, he's definitely got to get the intersect back by the series finale. Something tells me it might not be completely eradicated from his brain, or Dekker wouldn't still be spending so much time trying to destroy him.

#14 of 128 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted November 04 2011 - 01:16 PM

Yeah, it seems pretty clear from tonight's episode that they're going with the idea that most people's brains can't handle the intersect angle that they have talked about a little in the past, and it'll end up back in Chuck soon.

#15 of 128 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,305 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted November 04 2011 - 02:24 PM

I'm really enjoying seeing how far Chuck has coming, that he's pretty competent without the Intersect. I love that Morgan does all of these fancy acrobatics in the convenience store, and then Chuck just walks up and socks the guy in the jaw. I'm wondering if the glasses Intersect left for Chuck was really a poison pill engineered by Dekker to incapacitate Chuck, and Chuck dodged a bullet when Morgan picked up the glasses.

#16 of 128 ONLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,868 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted November 06 2011 - 02:42 PM

Ratings dropped even without the WS. I hope we get the full season. I was thinking, "If canceled early, at least we'll get them on Blu," but not if it's ended before they're filmed. Fortunately, NBC doesn't seem to have some magical show waiting to take its place.

#17 of 128 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,305 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted November 06 2011 - 02:49 PM

NBC is committed to filming all of the episodes. The episode count for season order was determined based on what would make the most attractive syndication package for affiliates. The writers just started work on the series finale, so my guess is they're not too far off from the end of shooting anyway.

#18 of 128 ONLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,868 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted November 06 2011 - 03:08 PM

Cool. Are they committed to airing them? I assume they will, but at least we're back to seeing them in some form or another either way.

#19 of 128 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,305 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted November 06 2011 - 03:56 PM

I don't know if there's a contractual commitment, but we're talking about the least watched broadcast network on the least watched night of television aside from Saturdays. The only way they pull it is if they're worried about it hurting Grimm as a lead-in. The only way they don't air them all is if they think unaired episodes will sell DVDs, much like Fox did with "Firefly". I'd guess probably a 75-80 percent chance we see "Chuck" finish its run Fridays at 8 PM.

#20 of 128 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 14,121 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted November 07 2011 - 02:36 AM

I'm not sure how I feel about this season. It's...ok...sort of... I think Chuck's melange of irony-free sincerity, silliness, inferior fight scenes, and man-boys made for a brilliant and fresh first season, but has evolved little since.

This season was settling in for "surf the web as I watch in the corner of my eye" background until Morgan forgot who Indiana Jones was. Now this is interesting. The sort of hook I was thinking was needed; the idea that Morgan had settled in to the Intersect too easily compared to Chuck's four years of difficulties. So this might be good plot uptick.

I like Carrie Ann Moss, but I don't think Vanderbilt will top Volkoff Industries.