Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Advice with home entertainment system

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   scrawnzo

scrawnzo

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 27 2011 - 02:28 AM

This is what I currently have: TV Room Samsung flat screen Wii DVD player Apple TV box Cable TV box Ethernet point to office Office iMac w/iTunes (naturally) Verandah and Living Room Cable points for speakers This is what I wish to accomplish: TV Room Install Home Theatre system - have in mind the Energy RC-Micro 5.1 Surround Speaker System Verandah and Living Room (Zone 2) Install speakers for music - have these in mind: Polk Audio Atrium 4 Speakers Do I simply need just the AV receiver or should I also get an amplifier for Zone 2? There are so many mixed reviews from customers on these devices. Receivers Denon AVR-1912 7.1 Yamaha RX-V671BL Pioneer VSX-1021-K 7.1 Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 Amp Onkyo M-282 2-Channel Power Amplifier If I understand correctly what I have read, I presume with the AppleTV it is not necessary to have the AirPlay option?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   John Brill

John Brill

Supporting Actor

• 519 posts

Posted November 03 2011 - 05:40 AM

1) You don't need an amp with any of the receivers listed if you are only running a 5.1 system in your "Home Theater". The extra two channels can be used for other room amplifications and should be assignable. For sure the Pioneer and Yamaha will have this feature, not sure why the Onkyo or Denon wouldn't. 2) Why are you getting outdoor speakers for Verandah and Living room? Will they be getting wet?

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,910 posts

Posted November 04 2011 - 06:56 AM

Amp Onkyo M-282 2-Channel Power Amplifier

You don’t need a 150 wpc channel amp for your veranda or living room speakers. One or two of these (depending on whether or not your receiver can re-assign two of the 7.1 channels to the second zone) will do just fine. Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt

My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Natter Jang

Natter Jang

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted November 06 2011 - 06:24 PM

I recommended tx-nr609 + Strong and dynamic acoustic + Excellent upconversion of SD signals + DLNA streaming and access to Internet radio + Chic, timeless look + Solid build quality - Touch Point the remote control and i find some useful info about comparison onkyo tx-nr609/809/1009 and tx-sr309