Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Things to do near Reno, NV

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,629 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted October 26 2011 - 02:29 AM

I am going to Reno in two weeks for some kind of conference there and flying out on a friday to hang out over the weekend... What are intereesting dayhikes in and around Reno/Lake tahoe to check out this time of year. Not bringing my snowshoes or crampons so something that isn't needing those would be nice. But I will have two days to wander and wondering some nice hikes in the area and outside that, interesting things to do and see outside gambling.. Jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#2 of 3 Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 7,628 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted October 30 2011 - 01:16 PM

I've always hiked other places - too crowded for me there. But friends who live in South Lake Tahoe recommend the west side of the lake trails. There are quite a few between Emerald Bay on the lake and Fallen Leaf Lake, west of Hwy. 89. See inter alia http://www.tahoevaca...ies/hiking.html
Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#3 of 3 Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,629 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted October 31 2011 - 08:53 AM

Well I kind of doubt it will be that crowded on the trails, but what do I know. it's too early to be major ski season and there is probably some snow at elevation now. I will probably pack the crampons and rent snowshoes... I'm looking at hiking sections of the Tahoe rim Trail, the 165 mile trail that goes around lake Tahoe.. My map arrives soon! Jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users