Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Once Upon A Time - season 1 thread

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,996 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 07 2012 - 12:12 PM

Next week is the finale. If, is as expected and warranted by the ratings, this is renewed, I kind of hope it makes the show a "done in two." Restated, I don't want it to be season five and everyone still doesn't know who they are and what's going on. If they can lift the curse in the second season and take things in a different and interesting direction for a third season and beyond, fine.

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,181 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 07 2012 - 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H /t/315693/once-upon-a-time-season-1-thread/30#post_3923629 Next week is the finale. If, is as expected and warranted by the ratings, this is renewed, I kind of hope it makes the show a "done in two." Restated, I don't want it to be season five and everyone still doesn't know who they are and what's going on. If they can lift the curse in the second season and take things in a different and interesting direction for a third season and beyond, fine.
  To be honest, I hope the curse does indeed get broken and the series reverts to the Fairy Tale World permanently. The variations on the tales we've grown up with have been so clever and so interesting that the flights each week back to Storybrooke often make me impatient.

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 2,028 posts

Posted May 08 2012 - 12:31 PM

Next week is the finale. If, is as expected and warranted by the ratings, this is renewed, I kind of hope it makes the show a "done in two." Restated, I don't want it to be season five and everyone still doesn't know who they are and what's going on. If they can lift the curse in the second season and take things in a different and interesting direction for a third season and beyond, fine.
Can you actually see ABC doing that?

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,996 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 08 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'm not sure. Are you saying ABC plays it safe and doesn't like to shake things up? I don't watch enough of their shows to know. I don't mind the balance between Storybrooke and the fairy tale world, but I just don't want them to keep everyone in the dark. I would assume Henry's actions will push Emma towards believing, but I don't watch spoilers so she may just take it as Regina trying to poison her and hitting Henry instead.

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Ray Gutnick

Ray Gutnick

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted May 08 2012 - 04:51 PM

I think they'll keep going with the current idea of adding new "past" characters until the show just runs out of steam (which i'd guess will be 3 seasons). I just hope when they get cancelled they have enough of a warning to properly wrap it up. I do hope the writers have an ending in mind (unlike most shows which just seem to wing it for the series finale)

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,996 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 10 2012 - 04:50 PM

Renewed. Like love on the rocks, ain't no big surprise.

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,996 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 14 2012 - 10:20 AM

Now that's the way to do a finale. About the only thing left on the table was the fate of Pinocchio, and we go into next season with a totally new status quo.

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,181 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 14 2012 - 12:36 PM

Yes, I loved the finale which gives rise to so much speculation about where the series will go next season. Terrific!

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,513 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted May 14 2012 - 04:20 PM

I could be wrong but I think it's pretty clear that they are going to stay in Storybrook and now the magic has come to them. Judging from that diabolical smile on Regina's face, she understood the significance of the purple mist that was sweeping over the town.
Yes, I loved the finale which gives rise to so much speculation about where the series will go next season. Terrific!

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,996 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 14 2012 - 05:14 PM

Yeah, that was clear, but we're still not sure what that will look like. Maybe Storybrooke is now on the radar from normal people and they will interact with the fairy tale characters. More interesting will be if they still have their memories of being regular Americans on top of being storybook characters, which I assume is the case.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,513 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted May 14 2012 - 06:19 PM

More interesting will be if they still have their memories of being regular Americans on top of being storybook characters, which I assume is the case.
After the curse was broken everyone was dazed as their memories returned, but they didn't seem to be completely lost to their surroundings leading me to believe they retained their memories of events during the curse, in fact the nurses in the hospital continued their duties.

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Ray Gutnick

Ray Gutnick

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted May 17 2012 - 09:44 PM

Had they been cancelled, I suspect they would have just cut out the last few minutes of the episode. would have been a great series finale.

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,016 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted July 16 2012 - 08:57 AM

They released a "dating profile" video of the cast (in character) thats pretty funny:  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users