What's new

What would you like to see next from TImeless? (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Keeping in mind that they are pretty much dealing exclusively with Universal at the moment, I would love to see: The Road West Run For Your Life The Outsider The Bold Ones 87th Precinct 1950s Dragnet GE Theatre There are also some interesting comedies, but they don't really seem to be big on those. So its unlikely we'll be getting that Ichabod and Me set any time soon. Nor my big want, 90 Bristol Court. Its too bad that they aren't able to make deals with the other studios, at least as of now, as there are some pretty interesting westerns that I'm sure they would love to get their hands on. But if Shout can't get stuff out of Fox these days, and they overpay for everything, then there's little chance Timeless would be able to. So that knocks out Fox shows, Four Star, which they own, and MGM, which they handle. Warner keeps everything for its BOD program, although I don't think anyone reading this will live long enough to see everything they've promised. CBS doesn't license. Maybe someday Timeless can cut a deal with Sony and we'll see shows like The Outcasts, Empire, Two Faces West, Man from Blackhawk, Tales of the Texas Rangers and Jefferson Drum.

Charles H

Screenwriter
How about the twelve episodes of THE JEAN ARTHUR SHOW (Universal) as a companion piece to the release of 4 Arthur movies from TCM?

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I'd love to see them put out the rest of The Restless Gun, get The Richard Boone Show and Court Martial. It'd also be cool if they could spread even more in terms of decades and genres, to maybe include more crime/cop shows, especially with the convenient Universal contact handy. Could be that dream's too big about a branching out, but it'd be great if possible at all. A Universal title with a little bit of everything, crime/drama and modern small western town atmosphere, would be Owen Marshall: Counselor at Law (1971) and probably at the top of my list. It features western associate Lee Majors, and a rousing Elmer Bernstein theme fit for any western. More desired Universal titles; Sierra, The Sixth Sense, Hec Ramsey, The Name of the Game, Griff (with Bonanza's Lorne Greene), The Road West, Holmes & Yo-Yo and the underrated detective sitcom Nobody's Perfect (1980) with UK comedian Ron Moody. Then of course, there's always more crime shows like Baretta, Delvecchio and Richie Brockelman Private Eye from Universal, but maybe we're too hopeful there. Not sure who owns the trucker show Movin' On (1974) with Claude Akins, or Dr. Simon Locke (1971) with Sam Groom, but those two rarities are huge wishes too. Same with the 60s western show Iron Horse, though that may be Sony.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by smithb

Yes...yes...yes, Timeless more Restless Gun please.

I would think this would be a prime candidate, Brad.

Gary "I'm still waiting for Laramie S2" O.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'd like to suggest 87th Precinct (and The Bold Ones) as well. All for more detective shows being released by Timeless.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Charles H said:
How about the twelve episodes of THE JEAN ARTHUR SHOW (Universal) as a companion piece to the release of 4 Arthur movies from TCM?
I would love to see it. I watched the show when I was a kid and its very hard to find on film. Timeless has to branch out at some point as there aren't many Universal westerns left that they haven't released yet.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I'd like to see: T.H.E. CAT (1966-67), that is, if it's a Universal property these days, rather than a CBS series SUSPICION (1957), Alfred Hitchcock's forgotten hour-long series DRAGNET (1950s version) PANIC! (a.k.a. NO WARNING), not sure who controls this, but I have a feeling it might be some 'indie' series these days, like MAN WITH A CAMERA 87TH PRECINCT DARKROOM (1981), it'd be nice to get an R1 release of this, but it could just as easily come from Shout or Image DECOY (1957), the nice-looking, remastered prints from its current rightsholder, which I believe Timeless has licensed some series from in the past I sure wish CBS would loan some of their arcane stuff to a boutique label... then maybe we could get the rest of the 'official' ONE STEP BEYOND, plus 'one-season-or-less' goodies like CORONET BLUE, THE IMMORTAL (1970), LONGSTREET, etc, which make up a good part of my remaining wish list.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
Timeless' main product is the Western but they've released many other great products beside the Western genre. What I'd like to see from Timeless is more Crime/Drama, Adventure and Comedy TV shows, here's some suggestions: For the Crime/Drama genre: Dante (w/ Howard Duff), Mr. Lucky (w John Vivyan), Richard Diamond (w/ David Janssen), China Smith (w/ Dan Duryea), Johnny Midnight (w/ Edmond O'Brien), New Adventures of Charlie Chan (w/ J. Carrol Naish), Boston Blackie (w/ Kent Taylor), Colonel March of Scotland Yard (w/ Boris Karloff), The Thin Man (w/ Peter Lawford), Shannon (w/ George Nader), I Led Three Lives (w/ Richard Carlson) For the Adventure genre: Ivanhoe (w/ Roger Moore), Richard the Lionheart (w/ Dermot Walsh), Captain Midnight (w/ Richard Webb), The Count of Monte Cristo (w/ George Dolenz) For the Comedy genre: It's About Time (w Joe E. Ross), My Mother the Car (w/ Jerry Van Dyke), No Time for Sergeants (w/ Sammy Jackson), Dusty's Trail (w/ Bob Denver) For the Western genre: Yancy Derringer (w/ Jock Mahoney), Whiplash (w/ Peter Graves), Klondike (w/ Ralph Taeger), The Roy Rogers Show (w/ Roy Rogers) Also many TV series were released by Timeless as 2 Disc set but it would be great to have these titles in complete seasons releases: Captain Gallant of the Foreign Legion, Decoy, Gang Busters, Hawkeye and the Last of the Mohicans, Lock Up, Passport to Danger, Racket Squad, Rocky Jones Space Ranger, The Third Man.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Don't forget "Mr. Terrific", a Universal property. I'd love to see this released here in the states. I think I remember reading something about this being released overseas.

Real Name
Kevin
I too would very much like to see "I Led 3 Lives" released on DVD. I have 103 of the 117 episodes (the entire second year was filmed in color, many of the outdoor scenes were filmed on the street in Los Angeles, not on a set and it's very interesting to see the automobiles, streets and stores in color). The original B&W Dragnet (1951-59) is another one I would very much like to see released on DVD, it is much better IMO than the later 1960's color Dragnet everyone thinks of when they hear the name.. The B&W 1950's Dragnet is more "film noir" feeling, grittier and more despairing with Webb as a world weary, just trying to do his job sergeant; not the stiff, lecturing-for-the-LAPD caricature that the 60's color series became. The B&W 1950's Dragnet was pulled off the air once the color Dragnet series was broadcast and has remained virtually unaired since. About 58-59 of the 276 1950's episode run have shown up on public domain DVD releases, but the rest of the series has been unseen since the late 1960's. Beverly Garland was also very good in the "Decoy" series as TV's first female policewoman (I have about a half-dozen episodes) and I would definitely buy the complete series if it were available. Hopefully Timeless will start adding these other genres (crime/mystery/adventure/comedy) to their catalog and start doing for them what they have done for the western.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I wish that Timeless would release the complete set of The Third Man TV series. I would have thought that it would have done well with Jonathan Harris being prominently featured in it. I would also like to see My World and Welcome to It released by someone - why not Timeless. I would also like to see the original series of The Defenders on DVD. That was a well remembered and well thought of series so I don't know why it hasn't been picked up by some studio or other. The Name of the Game, Amos Burke-Secret Agent, Jeff's Collie, The Smith Family and He and She are other shows that would be good to see.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Amos Burke-That's technically Season 3 of "Burke's Law" and we need Season 2 of that first, and Fox has stopped VCI from finishing that series. If Fox hadn't become such pains in the rear end, VCI I know was planning on doing "Amos Burke" after finishing Seasons 1 and 2 of the classic version of the show.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I would love to see Timeless do a complete series release of Riverboat starring Darren McGavin. If they ever venture more into adventure/crime/drama series, I would love them to do a complete series release of Cliffhangers! Darby

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
To my understanding, it's not so much of Fox not letting VCI have the final two seasons at all, but rather not letting them have them at a price that VCI is willing to pay for. Big difference between the two situations.
Jack P said:
Amos Burke-That's technically Season 3 of "Burke's Law" and we need Season 2 of that first, and Fox has stopped VCI from finishing that series. If Fox hadn't become such pains in the rear end, VCI I know was planning on doing "Amos Burke" after finishing Seasons 1 and 2 of the classic version of the show.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
I'd love to see either The Loner or the Lloyd Bridges Show, 2 early 60s series that featured the Seahunt star but failed to catch on with the general public. Unfortunately, rod serling's The loner was produced partially by 20th Century Fox, as well as Greenway productions (William Dozier of Batman fame -- so should we give up on this one?)...

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I have some suggestions to TMG, for some classic and not-so-classic shows from Universal. Pistols-n-Petticoats ( A western sitcom from 1966-67 on CBS) The Outsider (1968-69 NBC) starring Darren McGavin Crusader (1955-57 CBS) Starring Brian Keith The New Bob Cummings Show (1961-62) CBS, featuring a flying aerocar! Pepsi-Cola Playhouse (1953-55 ABC) early anthology drama Suspense Theater (1963-65 NBC) one of the last anthology dramas of the 1960s! Bob Hope Presents The Chrysler Theater (1963-67 NBC) syndicated as Universal Star Time I could go on and on with these ideas if Norm, Karin, and others if they're reading this!

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Let's see TMG go for the gusto, Route 66, The Fourth and Final Season, but they'll have to contact Roxbury to license the rights tp the series, but Sony could stand in the way on that one! Then, they could do The Real McCoys, seasons 5-6 from SFM entertainment.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldtvshowbuff

Let's see TMG go for the gusto, Route 66, The Fourth and Final Season, but they'll have to contact Roxbury to license the rights tp the series, but Sony could stand in the way on that one! Then, they could do The Real McCoys, seasons 5-6 from SFM entertainment.

Interesting that you mention The Real McCoys. My crystal ball says we can expect the entire run to be released in the not too distant future! The same crystal ball info also reveals the long awaited The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp set is coming soon.

Gary "I wish we'd hear something positive about Route 66, but so far I've heard nothing" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks