Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Wuold like some opinion on placement of some diffusors

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   robc1976

robc1976

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted October 16 2011 - 07:10 PM

Wanted your opinion on this, I recently treated my room (Nothing high grade, but it sounds great). I have seen posts of people putting diffusors behind there mains, and some do not suggest it...below are pics of my room and my proposed locations for the diffusors...any suggestions? I have 9.1 A-DSX if that helps. Auralex reccomended I put the diffusors over the absorbtion for better broadband control. Front soundstage: Posted Image Right side of MLP: Posted Image Left side of MLP: Posted Image Above MLP: (This pic is just what I already have and want to add.) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Back-wall: Posted Image

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted October 17 2011 - 10:38 AM

Interesting; I hadn't seen diffusers over absorbers before.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   robc1976

robc1976

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted October 17 2011 - 10:53 AM

Interesting; I hadn't seen diffusers over absorbers before.

Usually it is one or the other, Auralex suggested it.... to me the sound would have to be able to go thru the diffusor to increase broadband and that wouldn't be a very good diffusor LOL!! I know the sound can't go thru it...I think they have me doing this because some of the foam is still exsposed. I may actually may cut the foam out from under the diffusor so it fits in and the foam is on the outside only, not underneath. I have seen that before but never on top...I don't believe it is hurting anthing but wasting a bit of foam. On the back walll hardlly any is covered so I will leave that....but over MLP I am wondering if absorbtion is really needed there. Any thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users