What's new

Which Center Speaker? (1 Viewer)

balwinder

Grip
Hi, I just bought RT800i Polk Audio front speakers and I have Sony ES receiver so now I am in the market for center speaker. Which one of the following is better Polk Audio CS245i or CS400i? Is there better one from someone else under $300? Are these Polk Audio Center speakers pretty good? I saw CS400i online for $269 + S&H, is this good deal?

Thanks!

- Balwinder

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
I got the CS400i for the same price from Crazy Eddies I believe it was. It was shipped in a week with no damage. Great service at a great price. Unfortunately I haven't hooked it up yet to hear it, but everyone who owns one says it's a damn good center channel. I would go with the CS400i since it will handle a lot of the sound for HT. Don't skimp if you have the money. Or if you don't believe me you can go to the Polk club forums since you have the RT800i's. They'll help you out. Also, how do those mains sound?

Brian Treinen

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up a CS400 almost 2 years ago to go with my Polk RTA11t mains. Got it for $269 at a local reseller because the 400i was then the brand new model. Great price, great center. Don't skimp on the center - especially at that price.

I recently picked up the f/x500i surrounds from brandnamez.com - great price and experience. Arrived quickly and in unopened mfg boxes. They have the 400i for $269 as well.

For that price you can't go wrong - great speaker!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks