Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

my theater room (well its a theater in a man cave)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 browntrash

browntrash

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted October 11 2011 - 03:40 PM

first off special thanks to Robert_J for his help in my thread here. As stated in my title, i don't have a dedicated theater room but i was still able to get an awesome result. Still need some seats! 1. Epson 8350 - 1080p projector 2. Pioneer Elite VSX-52 7.1 Receiver 3. Klipsch RF-82 Towers 4. Klipsch RC-52 Center 5. Klipsch Gallery G-12 Flatline rear channels 6. 106" fixed screen 7. Lava LSP-12 Subwoofer (bought that myself, separately) 8. HTPC / PC via hdmi Crappy iphone pix: Posted Image This sub in the below image is not the Lava LSP-12: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image The sound is AMAZING. The picture is AMAZING for a "entry level" projector. Very happy with the result. Thank you all for checking it out. question/feedback welcome.

#2 of 4 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,055 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted October 12 2011 - 01:20 AM

first off special thanks to Robert_J for his help in my thread here.

You are very welcome. It's nice to see the results of a thread like that. Does that window affect the picture during daylight viewing? I have a double window as well and use heavy drapery, blackout curtains (same as my screen) and some kind of swag thing to keep like from drifting in from the sides. In the middle of the day, I can make my room completely black.

#3 of 4 Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs

Supporting Actor

• 766 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted October 12 2011 - 08:43 AM

cool room!

#4 of 4 browntrash

browntrash

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted October 12 2011 - 02:51 PM

You are very welcome. It's nice to see the results of a thread like that. Does that window affect the picture during daylight viewing? I have a double window as well and use heavy drapery, blackout curtains (same as my screen) and some kind of swag thing to keep like from drifting in from the sides. In the middle of the day, I can make my room completely black.

My situation sounds similar to yours. During the day i don't really get anything coming through...if there is a bit, it is not enough to affect the projector. I haven't gotten too OCD about it yet, but i figure eventually I'll have to invest in some proper window treatments as you have.

cool room!

thanks man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users