Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New blue ray player does everything, except play blue rays?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   jimmymac13

jimmymac13

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted October 09 2011 - 01:14 PM

Bought a samsung BR player, bd-d5300 for a spare tv. Connected it to older, but still 1080p samsung LCD tv with the hdmi cable that came with it. I got everything working (DVD, CD, Internet streaming) with ease. BUT, when I try to play a blue ray movie i get a screen message that says "no signal." what I tried: checked all sources on TV. Checked several BR movies, did software updates, tried a high end hdmi cable, returned one player only to have same problem, and called samsung CS. Still a no go. Anyone?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,280 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted October 10 2011 - 10:06 AM

Have you tried hooking it up to a different HDTV? Also, it is possible the TV you are connecting it to does not support 24-frame playback on Blu-ray, so you would need to go into the players setup menu system and turn off 24 Frame playback.

Also, it would help if you could let us know if the "No Signal" message was coming from the TV or the player, and if it occurs on just one movie.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   jimmymac13

jimmymac13

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted October 10 2011 - 10:44 AM

Hot dam! It worked! The 24 frame was accually on "auto." I turned the auto off and presto! I was hoping it would be an easy fix. Many thanks Todd! So, I'm looking for another easy fix. While playing Pandora, the sound shuts off between tracks. It will come back on if I press about any source button and go back but, what the heck? Thanks again Todd!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   jimmymac13

jimmymac13

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted October 10 2011 - 01:36 PM

Sorry, that's through my AV with an optical cord. Cheers!