Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sanctuary Season 4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,053 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted October 07 2011 - 11:39 AM

Season Premiere is tonight, as Helen Magnus makes her return to the creature of the week fest ;)

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,053 posts

Posted October 15 2011 - 03:18 AM

It's such camp, but still fun.   I'm just wondering how many more SG1 actors will cameo.

trakt.tv

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,053 posts

Posted October 29 2011 - 11:28 AM

I can't believe all the controversy created by the finish of the most recent episode.  If you haven't seen it (and judging by the thread traffic, probably not) then here's the run down:

Amanda Tappings character, Helen Magnus, goes all James Bond, takes out terrorists, etc. rescues the girl, saves the island, etc.   Anyway at the end, the greatful damsel in distress kisses her full on and she returns the kiss.

Which has led to some strange battles going on at SyFy message boards, Facebook, etc. 

Seemingly preposterous to me.. *shrug*

trakt.tv

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Screenwriter

• 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted October 30 2011 - 12:35 AM

Matt, I love Sanctuary! I have two opinions of the ending of the last episode. It bothers me more that it seems like a sweeps tactic or an attempt to get "buzz". Not a genuine part of Helen's character. As for my other opinion, I will just say that I think there are a lot of TV viewers that want to complain about anything they can. If people are outraged by something they are watching, they need to change the channel, not get pitchforks. As far as the show goes, I really enjoy this type of sci-fi. Like Warehouse 13, this is a green-screen production and allows for great imaginative story,locations, creatures with out a huge hollywood budget. This a pretty cool way to go for sci-fi tv. I think that is how these shows can survive the Ax with relatively small ratings.
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 655 posts

Posted October 31 2011 - 05:52 AM

Seemingly preposterous to me.. *shrug*

Why? A lot of people don't appreciate that in their story-telling. There are other sci-fi shows that handle that kind of topic. I started watching Sanctuary because of Amanda Tapping and on the hope of what the show could be. It's been okay, to sometimes good. But if it decides to actually go down that avenue, then I'll be done with it. It hasn't built up the good will with me that Buffy did when it did that.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,053 posts

Posted November 01 2011 - 09:27 AM

I suppose.  I just wish more people had trouble with violence in their storytelling then a hero getting a kiss.   I mean, imagine the story told a different way:  James Bond takes out the bad terrorists, wipes the floor with their plot, saves the damsel in distress, and then kisses her in the end.. the storyline was pretty generic.   But I don't think anyone would have groused if that was the way it played out  *shrug*

Originally Posted by KevinGress 

Why? A lot of people don't appreciate that in their story-telling. There are other sci-fi shows that handle that kind of topic.
I started watching Sanctuary because of Amanda Tapping and on the hope of what the show could be. It's been okay, to sometimes good. But if it decides to actually go down that avenue, then I'll be done with it. It hasn't built up the good will with me that Buffy did when it did that.

trakt.tv

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,053 posts

Posted May 21 2012 - 08:30 AM

Sanctuary ends on a 4 year run..

http://www.multichan...our_Seasons.php

trakt.tv

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 655 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 04:18 AM

I wonder from the finale if the show runners didn't already have a clue..... While I watched, I'm not going to miss this show. I thought it had a shot at creating a new universe, ala Star Trek and Stargate because it had a good concept and good to great character backstories. It just simply misfired. I think its main problem stemmed from the outset - abnormals should be ultra rare. What we got was a show where abnormals were so common, it almost seemed like normal humans were the minority. Then add the whole city of Praxis aftermath, and it became confusing and unwatchable. Had they made abnormals rare, one Sanctuary, and the team investigating crimes/stories they believed to be of an 'abnormal' type, and toss in some of Magnus' past (ala Highlander) I think it could have been a lot more than it was.