Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Steve Jobs Passed Away Tonight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Raul Marquez,MD

Raul Marquez,MD

Second Unit

• 306 posts
  • LocationSan Juan, Puerto Rico (USA)

Posted October 05 2011 - 12:00 PM

What a sad week.... First RAF and now Steve Jobs... both from pancreatic cancer.... :(

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,906 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 05 2011 - 01:52 PM

The news isn't unexpected, but certainly unpleasant. It reminds me of Patrick Swayze, another victim of the disease. We expected the inevitable but hoped for a miracle. Steve Jobs and his company have changed my interaction with the world over the last decade. I'm rarely in the car without my iPod and never without my iPhone. Prayers for his family.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,668 posts

Posted October 05 2011 - 09:35 PM

Last Saturday the Nobel committee rewarded a Canadian with a prize - unknowing of the fact that he had died of pancreatic cancer the day before. That same day we lost our moderator Robert Fowkes to the same disease, and now Steve Jobs, to whom Robert looked up as an example how to keep fighting it.

Jobs certainly changed the world and although I'm personally not a user of any of his products, it's plain to see what he has contributed to our culture and society. He gave the whole world a lot.

He was a man with a busy and restless character. May he rest in peace.

Cees

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,906 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted October 05 2011 - 11:17 PM

I've never owned anything from Apple. But Jobs is still among the most inspiring people I've ever known of. Really saddened that he lost that battle. RIP Mr. Jobs.
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,668 posts

Posted October 06 2011 - 12:15 AM

Especially now, and looking back, I find Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address impressive.

Cees

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Jim_C

Jim_C

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts

Posted October 06 2011 - 06:44 AM

Two of the principals in my firm died of pancreatic cancer. It seems like we're hearing more and more instances of this 'rare' cancer claiming people. You knew it was coming but it's still a sad day. I remember where I was when I heard that Reagan was shot, Lennon was killed and Challenger exploded. The news of Steve Jobs passing is added to that list. The world has lost a true innovator.
You want to upgrade again?!!

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   montrealfilmguy

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor

• 541 posts

Posted October 06 2011 - 09:39 AM

I was just going to post about the canadian Nobel prize winner,but i got beat to it. However, Thank you Steve Jobs for everything,but a special thanks for Pixar.