Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

American Horror Story (FX) - season 1 thread

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff Brooks

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit

• 256 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill GA USA

Posted July 09 2012 - 11:22 AM

Girlfriend now wants to check out season 2 when it starts. Do you recommend us going back to view season 1?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,496 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 09 2012 - 12:33 PM

Girlfriend now wants to check out season 2 when it starts. Do you recommend us going back to view season 1?

You certainly don't have to; it's an anthology series so every season is going to be completely unrelated to the previous ones. But if what she's seen of season 1 is what interested her, it's going to be season 1 that you guys should watch because next season will be so different.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,908 posts

Posted July 11 2012 - 05:07 AM

No reason not to go back and watch season 1, especially considering I'm sure we're still a ways away from season 2 starting.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted July 11 2012 - 06:41 AM

You certainly don't have to; it's an anthology series so every season is going to be completely unrelated to the previous ones. But if what she's seen of season 1 is what interested her, it's going to be season 1 that you guys should watch because next season will be so different.

I'm not sure if "Completely Unrelated" is accurate. At minimum actors will reappear (albeit as different characters). I do wonder if any themes or ideas will get called back from season 1.

I'm interested to see how they pull it off.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users