25 Classic Films Coming to DVD For The First Time Ever
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment Announces Classics Available Through Online Retailers
During the Month of October
Enjoy your favorite movies from across the decades including:
- Fashion Model (1945) - When a fashion model is killed, a stock boy suspected of the murder and another model set out to solve the crime. Stars Robert Lowery; Marjorie Weaver; Tim Ryan; Lorna Gray. Directed by William Beaudine.
- Behind the Mask (1946) - Amateur sleuth Lamont Cranston, alias "The Shadow," is called upon to solve the murder of a newspaper columnist. Stars Kane Richmond; Barbara Reed; George Chandler; Dorothea Kent. Directed by Phil Karlson.
- The Bandits of Corsica (1953) - Lee Van Cleef, Richard Greene (as good and bad brothers) and Raymond Burr are among the dueling protagonists as the Corsican Brothers revolt against the oppressive rule of a cruel tyrant. Stars Richard Greene; Paula Raymond; Raymond Burr. Written by Michael Palin; Terry Gilliam. Directed by Ray Nazarro.
- Fort Yuma (1955) - When an Apache chief is killed by a settler, war is declared. Stars Peter Graves; Joan Vohns; John Hudson; Joan Taylor. Directed by Lesley Selander.
- The Mugger (1958) - A police psychiatrist attempts to find a mugger obsessed with the need to seek out lonely women and slash their faces. Stars Kent Smith; Stefan Schnalbe; Nan Martin; James Franciscus. Directed by William Berke.
- Counterplot (1959) - An American, hiding from the police, is aided by an unscrupulous lawyer who plans to double-cross him. Stars Forrest Tucker; Allison Hayes; Gerald Milton. Directed by Kurt Neumann.
- Gunfighters of Abilene (1960) - A gunman receives a request for help from his brother, but arrives too late to save him from the lawless rancher who wanted him dead. Stars Buster Crabbe; Barton MacLane; Judith Ames. Directed by Edward L. Cahn.
- Boy Who Caught A Crook (1961) - A tale of the city aimed at young audiences...A small newsboy, his dog and a friendly hobo stumble upon a briefcase containing $100,000. With honesty in their hearts, they set off to find the owner. But... the owner is a crook desperately searching for his loot! Stars Wanda Hendrix; Robert Mobley; Don Beddoe; Robert Stevenson; Roger Mobley. Directed by Edward L. Cahn.
- Doctor Blood’s Coffin (1961) - There is horror in a small Cornish village when a disbarred doctor starts performing grafting experiments on the unfortunate and terrified villagers. Stars Kieron Moore; Hazel Court; Ian Hunter. Directed by Sidney Furie.
- Gun Street (1962) - A sheriff goes in pursuit of an escaped convict who is bent on paying back the people responsible for his imprisonment. Stars James Brown. Directed by Edward L. Cahn.
- Incident In An Alley (1962) - Based on a short story by Rod Serling ("The Twilight Zone"), a cop "mistakenly" kills a 14-year-old boy during a robbery. Although acquitted for the shooting, the cop is haunted by his crime. Stars Chris Warfield; Erin O'Donnell; Harp McGuire. Directed by Edward L. Cahn.
- California (1963) - Monterey, California...1841. The people of the Mexican territory unite in their movement to break free of Mexico and apply for admission to the United States. Stars Jock Mahoney; Faith Domergue. Directed by Hamil Petroff.
- Don’t Worry, We’ll Think of a Title (1966) - A bumbling short-order cook? A secret organization thinks he is a defected Soviet cosmonaut in hiding! The result? Extreme confusion and hilarious slapstick mayhem. Stars Morey Amsterdam; Rose Marie. Directed by Harmon Jones.
- Devil’s Angel (1967) - A killer motorcycle gang that sweeps through towns like a desolating plague...looting, terrorizing and running amok...band together to prove their innocence when accused of rape. Stars John Cassavetes; Beverly Adams; Buck Taylor; Salli Sachse. Directed by Daniel Haller.
- Kill A Dragon (1967) - When a dangerous load of TNT lands on a beach near Hong Kong, the islanders claim it as their own. The owner wants it back and threatens to blow up the island. To the rescue: Jack Palance and a group of martial arts experts! Stars Jack Palance; Fernando Lamas; Aldo Ray. Directed by Michael Moore.
- Golden Needles (1974) - The suspense story of a priceless ancient Chinese statue that is pursued halfway across the world. The legend of the golden statue (which contains seven youth-restoring acupuncture needles) promises the owner health and incredible vigor...but can also deliver a painful death. Stars Joe Don Baker; Elizabeth Ashley; Jim Kelly; Burgess Meredith; Roy Chiao; Frances Fong. Directed by Robert Clouse.
- Welcome to L.A. (1976) - A self-important group of outcasts from Los Angeles realize how worthless their lives are. Stars Keith Carradine; Sally Kellerman; Geraldine Chaplin; Harvey Keitel; Lauren Hutton. Directed by Alan Rudolph.
- Uncle Joe Shannon (1978) - A trumpet player, self-destructive after the death of his wife and child in a fire, befriends a disabled youngster on a journey of hardships, truth and redemption. Stars Burt Young; Doug McKeon. Directed by Joseph C. Hanwright.
- Enter The Ninja (1981) - The absorbing martial arts film that exposes Ninjutsu, the lethal, little-known "Art of Invisibility"... which includes the use of hypnotism, explosives and super-human fighting skills. Stars Franco Nero; Susan George; Sho Kosugi. Directed by Menahem Golan.
- Return of the Rebels (1981) - A motorcycle gang reunites to help a former member's girlfriend, Barbara Eden, whose tourist business is being threatened by a gang of young, hell-raising 'river rats'. Stars Barbara Eden; Don Murray; Jamie Farr. Directed by Noel Nosseck.
- Ghost Warrior (1985) - While exploring a cave, two skiers find the body of a 400-year-old samurai warrior entombed in ice. He is brought to the United States in a hush-hush operation and revived through cryosurgery. Unfortunately, he is then forced to battle for his freedom, dignity and life. Stars Hiroshi Fujioka; Janet Julian; Charles Lampkin; John Calvin; Frank Schuller. Directed by J. Larry Carroll.
- Detective School Dropouts (1986) - Two of the most inept detectives that ever bungled a case find themselves way over their heads in this wacky action adventure that leads them from Los Angeles to Rome and Venice. Trying to reunite a pair of misplaced lovers, our incompetent duo begin a crazed caper with two Italian families--feuding for 1,700 years! These misguided Americans solve no crimes, but provide an outrageous good time. Stars David Landsberg; Lorin Dreyfuss. Directed by Philip Otonni.
- Where The River Runs Black (1986) - An orphaned boy who was raised in the Amazon jungle is brought back to civilization by a priest who knew his father. Stars Charles Durning; Alessandro Rabelo. Directed by Chris Cain.
- Malone (1987) - Based on the novel "Shotgun" by William Wingate, this drama depicts an ex-CIA hit man on the run who stumbles into a real-estate swindle/murder plot in Oregon. Stars Burt Reynolds; Cynthia Gibb; Scott Wilson; Lauren Hutton; Cliff Robertson; Kenneth McMillan. Directed by Harley Cokliss.
- Deadly Intent (1988) - An archeologist is murdered after returning from a dig with a priceless gem, and now his widow has become a target. Stars Lisa Eilbacher; Steve Railsback; Maud Adams; Lance Henriksen; Fred Williamson; Persis Khambatta; David Dukes. Directed by Nigel Dick.