-

Photo
- - - - -

House - season 8 thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#1 of 103 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,780 posts

Posted October 03 2011 - 08:56 AM

House returns for its 8th season tonight on Fox at 9 p.m EDT. Looks like House spent some time in the slammer for what he did at the end of season 7.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 103 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,229 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 03 2011 - 09:18 AM

I'm excited. The loss of Cuddy should shake things up. Kind of hope this is the last season, though.

#3 of 103 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,229 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 03 2011 - 02:11 PM

I enjoyed it. It was a great "back to the basics" episode, where House has the moral authority simply by being right when everybody else is either wrong or too scared to be right. I knew we'd be seeing more of Dr. Adams when the blood was shooting out of the inmate's ear in geysers and her reaction was, "Oh, cool...."

#4 of 103 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,780 posts

Posted October 03 2011 - 02:56 PM

Don't miss Cuddy at all. This is one of the few hour-long show that still keeps my interest throughout the episode.

#5 of 103 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted October 04 2011 - 02:17 AM

Yeah, I think the show will be better without Cuddy, actually.   It forces them to do things differently.   I admit, the concept of a season long House in jail as a prison broker.. I was rooting for him to get busted and stay in.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#6 of 103 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted October 04 2011 - 07:50 AM

Personally, I was mostly rooting for House to get shanked and have the show end immediately. :D Not really, but I hope this is the last season. I mean, come on, are we really supposed to believe after going through the effort of starting the fire, that he would have taken only the exact amount of Vicodin that he needs to give away and not give himself some spares for his own pain? I've been sort of down on the show for a while and only keep watching more to just see the end, but I do hope that end is coming soon.

#7 of 103 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts

Posted October 04 2011 - 08:01 AM

They've all said this is the last season.   Hugh Laurie has said so and is entertaining other options.   So, unless something drastic changes, I think this is it.

trakt.tv

#8 of 103 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted October 04 2011 - 08:10 AM

They've all said this is the last season.   Hugh Laurie has said so and is entertaining other options.   So, unless something drastic changes, I think this is it.

I hadn't been keeping up, so I'm glad to hear that.

#9 of 103 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,229 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 10 2011 - 03:11 PM

Another really strong episode. The show feels fresh and alive again. I like the dynamic between House and Foreman in their new roles. I like the little Korean/Filipino doctor who's just as arrogant and passive-aggressive (and aggressive-aggressive) as House is. I like Wilson recognizing that House provides him with something, in addition to him constantly being a one-man support system for House. I like House having to slowly win back his old territory and stature. Most of all, I like the refocus on the medicine with everything else firmly in the background. In short, I haven't been this excited about "House" in a long time.

#10 of 103 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,780 posts

Posted October 11 2011 - 06:45 AM

There's something about Charlene Yi that bugs me. But the metaphors were killing me.

#11 of 103 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts

Posted October 11 2011 - 07:09 AM

Yeah, this is the most enjoyable House has been in a while.   I like everything about big changes.   Other shows are huge on the reset button; and you can see why.  People complained when House replaced the first set of interns.  Then others.  Now he has..  one.   I on the other hand find the entire thing fantastic.  It keeps the dynamic of the show fresh.

trakt.tv

#12 of 103 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted October 11 2011 - 08:08 AM

I didn't like last week's very much, but this one was a lot better, in my mind. I'm glad they didn't draw out the Wilson and House feud; that's been done before. I think the problem with Charlene Yi is I just don't buy her as a doctor. I mean, don't get me wrong, I've known people who were sort of like that, and I could buy her getting through the book/knowledge-based stuff. I just have trouble believing that someone that socially awkward would ever be able to make it through the practical stuff / an internship / residency. I guess it happens, but the other problem is that she also just looks so young that she feels a little out of place. That being said, I'd have rather seen him not get his office back (which of course seems that it will lead to things going back to normal for him eventually). I mean, they actually have hit a reset button on this show a number of times (to generalize, the team quitting, switching teams, the team coming back, House's rehab, the thing with the cop in S3 or so, etc.), so even a gradual reset seems dumb at this point. How long before he gets his team back at this pace, another couple episodes? As mentioned above, this episode is the most 'fresh' it's felt in a long time, and yet it seems they're planning on going back on that.

#13 of 103 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,780 posts

Posted October 17 2011 - 02:52 PM

House is still bringing the funny, loved how he worked his 2 new ladies.

#14 of 103 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,229 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 17 2011 - 04:14 PM

I like how neither of them are retreads of Cameron or Thirteen. They're both as twisted and morally off-kilter as House, but in different ways. Dr. Park is a tiny, female, Asian, no bullshit version of House; House as he would be without the self-destructive tendencies and the mind games. For a while, they were making Dr. Adams out to be Cameron 2.0, even though his prison screen time would seem to discount that, only to reveal that she's the other half of House, complete with self-destructive tendencies, and LOVES the mind games. You get the sense that she looks through the whole world as if it's inside a petri dish. And the physical discrepancy between the 5' 3", compact, rounded Charlyne Yi and the 5' 9", tall, thin, angular Odette Annable introduces a little whimsy to the standard House delivering-exposition two shot. On the other hand, hot as Olivia Wilde is, I won't miss Thirteen at all. Her drama always seemed to detract from the main plot thrust of the show. Park and Adams tie-in directly to House's world view, without all of the heavy baggage.

#15 of 103 ONLINE   Michael Henry

Michael Henry

Second Unit

• 356 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted October 19 2011 - 03:49 PM

I love this show...this is really the only 1 hour network show I watch. Sucks that so many of you want it dead.
J. Michael Henry

#16 of 103 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,780 posts

Posted November 02 2011 - 03:35 AM

House's mind games with his 2 lady docs have been slaying me each episode.

#17 of 103 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,229 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted November 02 2011 - 10:52 AM

^ What I like is that they have a totally different dynamic with House than the previous underlings. Maybe because of House's circumstances when they came on board, they're far less in awe of him than Chase, Taub, etc. The "I have Hepatitis C" remark when House went to eat Adams's burger was perfect. I also really enjoyed Wilson explaining the rules of betting with House to Park, who couldn't understand that yes, House WOULD derail her career over a $100 bet. And I was really happy to see him ultimately victorious over Orthopedics. That dude was even more of a dick than House.

#18 of 103 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,229 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted November 07 2011 - 02:27 PM

Another great one. I love that "House" is fun again, that Wilson is allowed to have fun again, I like the friction between old team and Foreman, between old team and new team, and the ending was one of my favorites of the whole series, even if it bordered on sitcom-like levels of ridiculousness.

#19 of 103 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts

Posted November 08 2011 - 02:00 AM

It really does have that over the top fun back; the end WAS sitcom-esque, but still damn funny.   I also enjoyed them having to explain to Foreman "he's just screwing with you"  hilarious stuff.

trakt.tv

#20 of 103 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,780 posts

Posted November 08 2011 - 02:26 AM

Very glad to have the old House (with boundaries) back, and we're done with the Huddy crapfest that just hovered like rain clouds that seemed to never go away. House's mind games with his peeps are still hilarious to me.