Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Arrested Development" Returning for New Season and Movie

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,237 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 02:43 PM

I'll believe it when I see it, but seems to be somewhat breaking news "http://au.chortle.com/news/2011/10/03/12952/arrested_development_to_return"

Arrested Development to return New series and film on the cards Arrested Development to return Cult American sitcom Arrested Development is set to return for one more series and a movie, creator Mitch Hurwitz has revealed. Speaking at the New Yorker festival tonight, he said the series and the movie will be filmed in the autumn of 2012. There will be nine or ten episodes, each one focussing on what a particular member of the wealthy yet dysfunctional Bluth family has been up to in the six years since the series has been on air. It will then be followed by the long-awaited movie. He broke the news at a cast reunion event that brought together stars Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, David Cross, Portia de Rossi, Tony Hale, Alia Shawkat, Jeffrey Tambor, and Jessica Walter. The show ran on Fox from 2003 to 2006, but its ratings never lived up to critical acclaim. Nonetheless the show continues to be aired on ABC2 The possibility of a movie was referenced in the final episode, but plans have hit a number of hurdles over the past years. Rumours of a movie spin-off have been swirling since around 2008, when Bateman and Tambor revealed they had been approached about the possibility. Read more: http://au.chortle.co...n#ixzz1ZgOp6mFR

STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,019 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 02 2011 - 03:01 PM

After years of reading "Yeah, Mitch Hurwitz is writing it and we're all going to be in it", this actually seems like the real deal to me. However, I wonder how they'll work around Will Arnett's schedule (assuming his new show is still on next season) if they're shooting in the fall.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,461 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted October 02 2011 - 03:10 PM

I would have liked to see this go to Showtime or HBO.
facebook.com/whotony

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 03:43 PM

I would have liked to see this go to Showtime or HBO.

Then you may be surprised.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 03:49 PM

http://www.usatoday....ovie/50638446/1
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,672 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted October 02 2011 - 05:16 PM

After years of reading "Yeah, Mitch Hurwitz is writing it and we're all going to be in it", this actually seems like the real deal to me. However, I wonder how they'll work around Will Arnett's schedule (assuming his new show is still on next season) if they're shooting in the fall.

As that USA TODAY article mentions, the 9-10 episode season will focus upon one specific character per episode, which would still let Arnett and Bateman keep their respective day jobs, scheduling-wise. Different from the previous seasons, but enough to shake it up a bit, perhaps. As much as I love the show, I never really wanted the movie to come to fruition. I never thought the series' strengths would translate well to a film, nor did I ever need any closure beyond the series' end. That being said, I still can't help but feel giddy at the idea of another run of episodes coming out, even if using a slightly different format than before.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted October 03 2011 - 05:48 PM

Anything that brings this group back together is fantastic news to me. I was excited at the prospect of them just doing a movie, but 10 episodes of a TV show leading up to that......I'm counting down the days. :tu:
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,560 posts

Posted October 04 2011 - 04:37 AM

I'm dying to see my favorite analrapist back on the small screen.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Michael Henry

Michael Henry

Second Unit

• 366 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted October 19 2011 - 03:58 PM

Bring it on!
J. Michael Henry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users