Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

CLEOPATRA Region Free BRD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#301 of 307 Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell

Screenwriter

• 1,166 posts

Posted February 20 2013 - 09:03 AM

When his agent insisited on his inclusion, their first effort was to superimpose his head in a box between the curtains at the back which had the effect he was voyeur spying on the pair.

That makes it sound like he's Eddie Fisher. :D

#302 of 307 OliverK

OliverK

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted February 20 2013 - 01:10 PM

If they've fixed the color, I'm in.

exactly, my priorities: 1. fix the colors 2. fix the intermission 3. if they do that they can use any garish/boring/tasteless cover art they want if they think it helps sales, I don't care :D And as an aside: This being by far Fox's biggest historical epic I would have thought this gets a box set like Ben Hur, LoA and The Ten Commandments, Wasn't there a boxset in Japan that looked quite nice?

#303 of 307 Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell

Screenwriter

• 1,166 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 08:21 AM

exactly, my priorities: 1. fix the colors 2. fix the intermission 3. if they do that they can use any garish/boring/tasteless cover art they want if they think it helps sales, I don't care :D And as an aside: This being by far Fox's biggest historical epic I would have thought this gets a box set like Ben Hur, LoA and The Ten Commandments, Wasn't there a boxset in Japan that looked quite nice?

There was a boxed set released in Japan. The only thing that made it deluxe was that came with a book called "Cleopatra: The Artistry of an Epic", which looks like it's the size of a Blu-ray, so it's not quite as deluxe or lavish as the sets you mentioned above. The Japanese edition was the one I wanted, but the UK edition came out first, and I needed to have my favourite movie in my hands as soon as I could. (I think I actually ended up spending about 4x as much on shipping as I did on the Blu-ray itself to get it here to Canada in two days.) By the way, my friend who has the Japanese set said that the book appears to be different from the digibook.

#304 of 307 OliverK

OliverK

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 06:05 PM

That is the one I was looking for, thanks! Not that lavish indeed, we should have one with the original artwork of Cleopatra on that recliner - THAT would be cool :)

#305 of 307 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 4,974 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted February 22 2013 - 05:12 AM

I'll bet that Mad Magazine did a parody of the recliner art. I just see Alfred E. Neuman leering at Cleo. :D
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#306 of 307 Mark Oates

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts

Posted February 22 2013 - 05:52 AM

I'll bet that Mad Magazine did a parody of the recliner art. I just see Alfred E. Neuman leering at Cleo. :D

Not after Fox went ape**** at Tom Chantrell's poster art for "Carry On Cleo"
J Mark Oates
Do Not Be Afraid. That sound is simply my mind boggling.

#307 of 307 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 4,974 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted February 22 2013 - 08:59 AM

I don't care, I can still see it. :)
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users