What's new

List your Top 10 Most Wanted shows from Warner Archives (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Very hard to limit it down to 10 but here goes: The Lieutenant Many Happy Returns Hank Adam's Rib The Little People The Alaskans The Islanders Assignment Vienna Conflict Warner Brothers Presents if it weren't for TNT airing so many of the obscure MGM shows after Ted Turner bought the company in the 80s, this list would be three times as long. But thanks to Ted, we were able to get so many of the shows off air.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Neil Brock said:
if it weren't for TNT airing so many of the obscure MGM shows after Ted Turner bought the company in the 80s, this list would be three times as long. But thanks to Ted, we were able to get so many of the shows off air.
True, but I'd still like an official DVD release (even through the archive) to replace my circa-1990 VHS recordings of Logan's Run, as the picture quality would definitely be an improvement.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I would like the following titles: 1, Huckleberry Hound - the remaining 25 episodes 2. Yogi's Gang 3. Quick Draw McGraw 4. Ruff and Reddy 5. The remaining Jetsons episodes from the 1980's 6. Yogi's Treasure Hunt 7. Yo, Yogi! 8. Peter Potamus 9. Atom Ant & Secret Squirrel 10. New Hanna-Barbera Cartoon Show (Touche Turtle/Lippy the Lion/Wally Gator)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'll take 1-3 and 8-10 from Greg's list and add the following: Yogi's Space Race -Complete 90 minute Show Captain Caveman Banana Splits-Complete 60 minute Show Tom and Jerry/Grape Ape - Complete Show I know I'm going over 10 but I'm also hopeful for the following TV series: Welcome Back Kotter-Season 2 and on Chico and The Man The Gallant Men -Was rumored to be coming.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Today the Warner Archive released the first season of "The Courtship of Eddie's Father" with Bill Bixby and Brandon Cruz. Wow! Christmas has come early.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
1. It's a Living 2. Mama's Family 3. Alice 4. Eight is Enough 5. Murphy Brown 6. Flo 7. Knots Landing 8. Falcon Crest 9. Growing Pains 10. Step By Step

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
AndyMcKinney said:
True, but I'd still like an official DVD release (even through the archive) to replace my circa-1990 VHS recordings of Logan's Run, as the picture quality would definitely be an improvement.
Of course it would but I would much rather have shows that they either never bothered with at all (or only ran an episode or two of) than ones that they ran the full run or most of the run of. Yeah, I would still like to see those shows they ran as well. By the way, don't be so sure about the picture quality. Not so sure they will remaster again as all of those shows were remastered before TNT ran them.

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
My list: 1. Please Don't Eat The Daisies 2. Many Happy Returns 3. Father of the Bride 4. Daktari 5. The Thin Man 6. Dr. Kildare 7. Mr. Novak 8. Maya 9. Then Came Bronson 10. Mickey 11. How The West Was Won 12. Harry's Girls 13. National Velvet 14.The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters 15. Hawkins Tough to narrow down to 10

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
1. Lawman 2. Mama's Family (with season 1 restored) Anything else I'd look at on a case-by-case basis.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Neil Brock said:
Of course it would but I would much rather have shows that they either never bothered with at all (or only ran an episode or two of) than ones that they ran the full run or most of the run of. Yeah, I would still like to see those shows they ran as well. By the way, don't be so sure about the picture quality. Not so sure they will remaster again as all of those shows were remastered before TNT ran them.
Even if they're just copies off of TNT's master tapes, they'll be better than most my off-airs, which were from our old C-band satellite system (the picture often suffered from 'sparklies'--particularly in the reds--and other imperfections and never looked as good as the few I was able to get from basic cable in another town). This was announced as coming this year way back in January. I wonder what the hold up is...

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
1) Young Maverick 2) Wizards and Warriors 3) Baby Blues 4). Search/Probe tv series 5). Pinky, Elmira, and the Brain 6) Legion of Super Heroes season 2 7) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids 8). Tiny Toons season 3 9). Animaniacs season 4 10). Just the 10 of Us. James

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
1.) Knots Landing

2.) Midnight Caller

3.) Harry O

4.) 77 Sunset Strip

5.) Hawaiian Eye

6.) Freddy's Nightmares

7.) The Eleventh Hour

8.) Search

9.) Bourbon Street Beat

10.) Then Came Bronson.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
1. 77 Sunset Strip 2. Hawaiian Eye 3. The Alaskans 4. Dr. Kildare 5. Bourbon St. Beat 6. Mr. Novak 7. Sugarfoot 8. Surfside 6 9. The Travels of Jamie McPheeters 10. The Lieutenant

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
My list should be no surprise at all: MAVERICK YOUNG MAVERICK BRET MAVERICK That would do it for me!!! Trying not to be too greedy and just focus on the stuff I truly, really want!!!

bobPON

Stunt Coordinator
1. 77 Sunset Strip 2. Hawaiian Eye 3. Surfside Six 4. The rest of Cheyenne 5. Maverick 6. Bronco 7. Sugarfoot 8 The Gallant Men 9. Bourbon Street Beat 10. Spenser For Hire

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
The Mississippi Kaz King's Crossing Hawkins Assignment Vienna Flamingo Road Daktari The Alaskans Search Then Came Bronson I left off Harry O this time as it seems to be coming.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Knots Landing

Alice

Mama's Family (do the NBC episodes UNCUT or don't bother)

Chico and the Man

Welcome Back Kotter

Compared to other studios, there are not a lot of WB shows I am too familiar with (Sony seems to own most of the shows I'm interested in), and I'd take them on a case-by-case basis. I just wish they were less expensive; I may be willing to blind-buy Courtship of Eddie's Father: S1, but not for $40.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
I never asked but how well did the original off-network syndicated reruns of Knot's Landing perform when they commenced in the mid-1980s (either 1984 or 1985)?

S

silverking

No one seems to have mentioned 'The Roaring 20's ' or 'The Dakotas'. These two along with 'The Alaskans' & Sunset Strip' would be my main wants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks