What's new

Killer Elite - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Robert De Niro plays an old-time assassin named Hunter, having taken Danny (Jason Statham) under his wing in the killing biz until a mission goes bad, and Danny retires from the game. Well, killers never really do retire from the game, do they? Hunter is held hostage by a oil sheik whose 3 sons have been murdered by Britain's SAS (special ops), and revenge is demanded. Hunter as bait convinces Danny to get back into the game, and Danny has to bring back the rest of the gang, Davies (Domenic Purcell) and Meier (Aden Young) and take out the 3 men responsible for the sheik's sons demise. Former SAS Spike (Clive Owen) takes note of his comrades being killed and goes on the counter-offensive, along with the backing of a covert society called The Feathermen. Overall, the film is somewhat not as involving in terms of building up relationships or characters you want to invest much viewing interest into, so the film has a some twists and turns, and can be quite loaded with action and killing, but it lacks something where it just never hits another gear and stays in a rut through most of its running time. I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I liked this one more then you did. It's basically an action picture done as a drama. Jason is finally given a script to do something with and shows some range, and the rest of the cast do a great job too. I thought it elevated a rather made for DVD plot into something a little bit more worthwhile. I could of done without the shakey cam fist fights, but even those were done better then some other recent films. I liked the characters I was supposed to like, I enjoyed how blurred the morals seemed to get in the later act. Good stuff, 3.5/5

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks