Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

McMillian & Wife Season 6: What's Happening?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,322 posts

Posted September 26 2011 - 02:34 PM

Ok, season six was supposed to be released on August 2. Then it got delayed to September 6. Then I got an email from Amazon.ca stating that they haven't shipped yet, but that they will keep trying to ship the set and will let me know when an estimated time of shipping will be. Ok...so what happened? Now the listing in Amazon.ca says temporarily out of stock and Amazon.com just says to sign up and they will email when available. Ok. So, the complete series has been moved from October 18 to November 22. While I'm not buying the complete series, I have ordered season 6 and it looks like it has been moved too. Does anyone know what the new release date is? I'm finding this to be a bit flustrating. The same thing happened with seasons 4 & 5. I ordered them in July, they didn't ship and two weeks later the new release date was finally listed. If anyone knows something, any help would be appreciated.

The music does matter.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,604 posts

Posted September 26 2011 - 02:50 PM

Your guess is as good as mine. I've noticed how regular Amazon is treating it as if its unannounced title instead of one that had a firm release date that has come and gone! And yes, I had to endure delays of a couple weeks for S4 and S5. It's too bad these hang-ups have happened, though the only saving grace is that this is the last important season of the whole run.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,630 posts

Posted September 26 2011 - 06:58 PM

According to a VEI representative, there was a sudden change in the distributor supplying Amazon and other retailers. He promised that the delay will be brief, although he did not offer a specific date.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,322 posts

Posted September 27 2011 - 08:05 AM

Thanks Lee. Dave at tvshowsondvd.com basically offered almost the same reason. I checked Amazon.ca again today and they are still showing it as out of stock. So, I guess I just wait until it is actually in stock before ordering it.

The music does matter.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,322 posts

Posted September 28 2011 - 03:47 AM

Well, now Amazon.ca is showing that this will ship within 9-11 days. Something seriously screwy is happening with this.

The music does matter.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   EdG

EdG

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted November 08 2011 - 10:45 AM

I received an email this morning that my preorder for McMillan and Wife the Complete Series set for November 22 was cancelled. Amazon now shows it as currently unavailable. Does anyone know if the set is completely cancelled or just postponed???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users