What's new

Boardwalk Empire: Season Two (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Series is OK, I thought it won awards more based on the fact scorsese directed the first episode. The Premiere had a bit more happening, still it moved a bit slowly, not much really happens.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
A excellent hour of tv tonight. Everything from the New York stuff to the jailhouse scene= great tv.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Episode two was extremely strong--a very good summary of the "sides" of the war.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Great episode. A good introduction to a certain gangster that would be associates of Luciano and Lansky for many years to come. I'm wondering which gangster and person turns again and aides Nucky in this rebellion. Some of them owe Nucky from the first season. Margaret might be a little naive at times, but she's smart and tougher than she appears to be.

Crawdaddy

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford /t/315068/boardwalk-empire-season-two#post_3856999
A good introduction to a certain gangster that would be associates of Luciano and Lansky for many years to come.

Dear old Benjamin. Note: stay away from Las Vegas.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I presume there is no way Jimmy stays on the Commodores side. He put the wedding gift of Nucky on a shelf in the closet. He did not throw it away. Where his loyalties go is uncertain, but I can't imagine they'll stay with the Commodore.
Excellent first two episodes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Chuck Mayer /t/315068/boardwalk-empire-season-two#post_3857235
I presume there is no way Jimmy stays on the Commodores side. He put the wedding gift of Nucky on a shelf in the closet. He did not throw it away. Where his loyalties go is uncertain, but I can't imagine they'll stay with the Commodore.
Excellent first two episodes.
Right now, Jimmy is conflicted. In time, I think he gets unconflicted.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Finally caught up on season premier. This show is good. Can't wait to watch episode 2 tomorrow.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford /t/315068/boardwalk-empire-season-two#post_3857238
Right now, Jimmy is conflicted. In time, I think he gets unconflicted.
Last night's episode illustrates that even moreso with the answer he gave to his wife's question regarding his dinner with his father.

Crawdaddy

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Still loving the show, but the storyline with Van Alden's pregnant bimbo needs to go.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by ScottH /t/315068/boardwalk-empire-season-two#post_3860151
Still loving the show, but the storyline with Van Alden's pregnant bimbo needs to go.
I agree, it takes away from the heart of the show.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Van Alden has to go. It's like they were so impressed by his perf last year (and it WAS awesome) so they felt obligated to bring him back. But, they have NOTHING for him. The rest of the show is running circles around him.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Quentin /t/315068/boardwalk-empire-season-two#post_3861439
Van Alden has to go. It's like they were so impressed by his perf last year (and it WAS awesome) so they felt obligated to bring him back. But, they have NOTHING for him. The rest of the show is running circles around him.
I think it's clearly showing how even the seemingly-incorruptable can be corrupted. The arc isn't on the same level as the rest of the show, but the show doesn't grind to a halt when it's featured, either--especially when you consider the potentials: will VA ultiamtely come down on one side of the brewing conflict? Will one side "win" him over?

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
The music has been excellent, the locations, costumes, cast; I love this show.

Gretchen Mol should get an Emmy just for how she handled the last few minutes of this episode.

"Gillian recalls her "first time" with the Commodore."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks