What's new

The Big Bang Theory - season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hilarious episode...

Well, the "Are you sure you're not gay?" Kuthapali jokes are starting to wear thin.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Great nostalgia ep since I had a lot of those Mego Star Trek toys when I was a kid. (Yes, I'm showing my age). Mine never talked to me though.
Looks like the standalone transporter was a UK exclusive - http://www.megomuseum.com/startrek/transporter.html
I had the Enterprise playset with transporter attached.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
As huge a Star Trek fan I was then and still today, I just never got into the Mego toys. I remember the commercials then!
That was a nice episode. Nimoy was great in it as a fantasy version of Spock in Sheldon's twisted dream world. The Gorn must have shown up at least 3 times now!
Leonard Nimoy must have felt it was respectful yet still having some fun with Star Trek and his image. I thought it worked out well. On par with the Sulu and Starbuck fantasies of Howard.
Too bad for Raj.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the expressive poses of tiny Spock and how the positioning changed from shot to shot. Fun episode.
- Walter.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I also enjoyed the way Sheldon dealt with the moral implications of his actions with the broken toy. Hilarious!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Walter Kittel /t/315066/the-big-bang-theory-season-5-thread/30#post_3911851
I enjoyed the expressive poses of tiny Spock and how the positioning changed from shot to shot. Fun episode.
- Walter.
especially the first conversation, I had to rewind a the first cut to make sure that, yes, Tiny Spock, had moved!

Hated the episode.

That's a lie.

Loved it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I watched this episode again. I really hope in the future they can do another episode with Tiny Spock. That was a great device to have Nimoy on as Spock, yet he's not real. Like Howard's fantasy episodes.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Loved the "voice" Spock throughout the Sheldon toy dreams.
Have a feeling that sometime in future episodes we'll see the real Spock. Just seemed to much like a teaser of things yet to come.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I'm thinking that maybe someday Sheldon will win some kind of contest and the grand prize is "A Day with Spock" and when Sheldon gets there it will be Zachary Quinto and not Leonard Nimoy. I wonder how Sheldon would handle that.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Stan said:
Loved the "voice" Spock throughout the Sheldon toy dreams.
Have a feeling that sometime in future episodes we'll see the real Spock. Just seemed to much like a teaser of things yet to come.
I'm not holding my breath. Nimoy sounded a lot different than even when he was on Fringe last season. I'm thinking age is finally catching up with the old Vulcan.
But I love Steve's idea about Sheldon winning a contest. That could be very funny.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Trust me Sheldon. It gets ooold after a while.
Leonard Nimoy is pretty much retired from in front of the camera work. I can see him coming back for another Tiny Spock episode. If the response from this episode is strong enough, who knows what will happen! I saw a publicity photo of Nimoy with Parsons and he looked good.
fbf09da5_big-bang-theory-jim-parsons-leonard-nimoy1.jpeg

I wouldn't have realized, but Nimoy must have been on set to do his lines live with Jim Parsons when they were filming. Yet, they needed time of course to change poses on Tiny Spock.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Stephen Hawking is such a good sport about these geeky shows that him playing a parody of himself.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I thought this episode was funnier than the tiny Spock one. Last episode was focused too much on Sheldon, to the exclusion of the other cast. While this episode was, once again, focused on Sheldon, it was more within the context of the group, although Penny was only in one scene.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Very few shows make me laugh out loud the way this one does. There's just something about Sheldon's antics as played by Parsons and the way he plays off the rest of the ensemble that gets me. Maybe it's because I have a degree of geekiness myself (being an engineer and interested in SF).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What happened to Amy Farrah Fowler? I believe she's been completely absent for two weeks now.
Sheldon dress shopping with Mrs. Wolowitz was funny. :laugh:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
What happened to Amy Farrah Fowler? I believe she's been completely absent for two weeks now.
Sheldon dress shopping with Mrs. Wolowitz was funny. :laugh:
Pretty sure Amy will be back. Being a supporting character she's not necessary in every episode.
Think she and Sheldon will eventually engage in coitus, so the writers have plenty to go on with the two of them in the future.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Man, tonight's was one tough episode to sit through, not because it wasn't funny but for me personally it had the dreaded 'growing up syndrome' that always makes me feel more sad than happy for the characters, going way back to the series finale of Three's Company where Jack finally settled down and Janet got married, it always leaves me with a feeling like the party is ending and the silly good times of the past are over.
Hearing Howard tell Penny that he's changed, that he's no longer the skirt-chasing wannabe ladies man we all know was extremely difficult to hear, in a strange way it actually feels as if Howard died tonight.
I also feel really bad for Raj, once Howard gets married he's going to be all alone without his partner in crime Howard there to share in the aforementioned skirt-chasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks