Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Big Bang Theory - season 5 thread

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 of 95 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,055 posts

Posted September 25 2011 - 10:29 AM

No Season Five thread yet? I thought it was pretty good. But I'll wait for the official thread to comment.

#2 of 95 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted September 25 2011 - 11:54 AM

Tah-dah! I thought both episodes were good.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#3 of 95 DaveF

DaveF

• 13,179 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted September 25 2011 - 12:53 PM

They were good enough for Kirk, Crunch, and Kangaroo and so they were good enough for me.

#4 of 95 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,506 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted September 25 2011 - 01:14 PM

I was laughing so hard when Penny and Amy went screaming down the stairs after discovering the "thing" in the chair, I could barely breathe. Apparently just fleeing the apartment wasn't enough, they had to actually flee the building itself. :laugh:
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#5 of 95 DaveF

DaveF

• 13,179 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted September 25 2011 - 01:54 PM

That was funny, but I was a bit bummed by it. I wanted Penny to be right and Sheldon to be wrong. It was unfortunate he was proven right in the end :)

#6 of 95 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,055 posts

Posted September 25 2011 - 02:30 PM

Thanks Pat! I liked the joke about AT&T! Funny how Sheldon is using an iPad given his earlier disdain for Apple. I guess Leonard's relationship with Priya will continue to try the long distance thing. But I imagine they'll drag out the Penny longing for Leonard plot a little longer. The Captain joke was good too! In the only scene Bernadette had with Raj, it was funny that she seems to continue to use that voice like Howard's mother when she's angry. I wonder how far that will go.

#7 of 95 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted September 25 2011 - 04:31 PM

Strong opener to the season with both of these episodes. The scene with Raj and Howard on opposite ends of that ungodly contraption was probably both the most revolting yet hilarious thing I've ever seen in a modern sitcom or, well, anywhere lol. What's funny for me about the creature living in Penny's chair is that I had just watched Night of the Creeps recently so to me that thing in the chair will always be a space slug. :laugh: While I can't stand Priya she looked damn yummy in her video chats and she's got a crazy sexy voice. That said she can appear on the computer all she wants but I hope she stays the hell away from the rest of the group. Single funniest moment for me was Sheldon's reaction when Penny opened the door holding the cushion. :laugh:
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#8 of 95 Marshall Alsup

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit

• 497 posts

Posted September 25 2011 - 07:16 PM

They're functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Well thats just...like...your opinion man

flickr

#9 of 95 Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,301 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 30 2011 - 12:42 AM

The first three have all been good. Almost too many things in all of them to comment on. I can only say, "I want Howard's light saber!" (And I mean that in a totally heterosexual way. ;)) Regards, Joe

#10 of 95 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted September 30 2011 - 01:00 AM

"I want Howard's light saber!" (And I mean that in a totally heterosexual way. ;))

I've got three of them on display lol... Posted Image Posted Image Loved this weeks episode! For a second there I was sure something was happening between Leonard and Amy but she made it quite clear that she wants no part of it lol. I was more than a little surprised at Sheldon's reaction to Leonard's night out with Amy, I quite frankly had no idea that Sheldon even had the capacity to feel jealousy or feel threatened in that respect. :laugh: It made me think to myself "Hmmm, did Sheldon watch 'Scarface' recently?"... After Tony comes out of mama's house and Manny see's Gina for the first time... Manny, "She's beautiful. How co..." Tony (angrily cutting him off mid sentence), "Hey!! You stay away from her, man, you hear? She not for you." :laugh:
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#11 of 95 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,055 posts

Posted September 30 2011 - 02:05 AM

"I guess I'll have to cut it myself." :) I'm wondering how far they will take Bernadette's continued path to become Howard's mother. I was also surprised by Sheldon's reaction.

#12 of 95 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,273 posts

Posted October 03 2011 - 03:26 PM

I take Sheldon's Jealousy as part of his Child -Like nature, it's his Friend and he doesn't want to share. Just as Spock had repressed emotions I think so does Sheldon...oh god the show is proving its point with me I'm a Geek...
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#13 of 95 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,055 posts

Posted October 14 2011 - 05:34 AM

I have to wonder if Wil Wheaton really was sincere in his attempt to mend fences with Sheldon. Seemed kind of out of character for the evil Wil Wheaton we've seen in the past. But he seemed really sincere! And I liked the change. It was fun to see Spiner now on Sheldon's list! It was rather predictable that Brent Spiner would tear open the package! I liked how Leonard bargained with Spiner on the autographs. They still have quite a few Trek stars to do cameos on this show! You're still not going into space!:) ( i didn't know how to spell tookus)

#14 of 95 Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,390 posts

Posted October 14 2011 - 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Nelson Au 

I have to wonder if Wil Wheaton really was sincere in his attempt to mend fences with Sheldon. Seemed kind of out of character for the evil Wil Wheaton we've seen in the past. But he seemed really sincere! And I liked the change. 

The issue with Wheaton changing was that there was no wrap up.  I thought there would be some sort of reveal at the end, but instead it just fizzled out.  Maybe when he returns we'll discover the nefarious plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Au 

( i didn't know how to spell tookus)
  It's "tuchus".

#15 of 95 Brandy S

Brandy S

Stunt Coordinator

• 112 posts

Posted October 14 2011 - 07:21 AM

It's so they could play off the "list" subplot some more, with Brent Spiner replacing Wil on his list of arch-enemies, probably nothing deeper than that.

#16 of 95 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted October 14 2011 - 07:25 AM

I'm waiting for Lavar Burton to get picked on for Reading Rainbow in an episode.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#17 of 95 Michael Henry

Michael Henry

Second Unit

• 355 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted October 19 2011 - 03:53 PM

I'm waiting for Lavar Burton to get picked on for Reading Rainbow in an episode.

???
J. Michael Henry

#18 of 95 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted October 20 2011 - 02:16 AM

Michael-

The discussion was Trek characters who came on board (Brent Spiner, Will Wheaton) Burton of cousre was Geordi in TNG, but this past year he's worked to try and organize these Reading Rainbow flash mobs (he was the host of Reading Rainbow for a very long time)    If the suggestion was, bring in another TNG character, I could just imagine Sheldon at a Reading Rainbow flash mob ;)

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#19 of 95 Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,390 posts

Posted October 20 2011 - 08:43 AM

He did show up as himself on Community last season, so he's not against poking a little fun at himself.

#20 of 95 Chad Erickson

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator

• 124 posts
  • LocationBurnsville, MN

Posted October 21 2011 - 04:58 AM

Burton has already been on The Big Bang Theory. He had a 5 second cameo a couple of seasons ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users