Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Big Bang Theory - season 5 thread

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 of 52 OFFLINE   RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,539 posts

Posted March 29 2012 - 09:45 AM

Knowing how crazy Sheldon is about Spock and Nimoy, this should be fun. :)

#2 of 52 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,339 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted March 29 2012 - 11:06 PM

Hilarious episode...

Well, the "Are you sure you're not gay?" Kuthapali jokes are starting to wear thin.

#3 of 52 OFFLINE   Greg Kettell

Greg Kettell

Screenwriter

• 1,188 posts
  • LocationNY Capital Region

Posted March 30 2012 - 01:51 AM

Great nostalgia ep since I had a lot of those Mego Star Trek toys when I was a kid. (Yes, I'm showing my age). Mine never talked to me though. Looks like the standalone transporter was a UK exclusive - http://www.megomuseu...ransporter.html I had the Enterprise playset with transporter attached.

#4 of 52 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,555 posts

Posted March 30 2012 - 04:05 AM

As huge a Star Trek fan I was then and still today, I just never got into the Mego toys. I remember the commercials then! That was a nice episode. Nimoy was great in it as a fantasy version of Spock in Sheldon's twisted dream world. The Gorn must have shown up at least 3 times now! Leonard Nimoy must have felt it was respectful yet still having some fun with Star Trek and his image. I thought it worked out well. On par with the Sulu and Starbuck fantasies of Howard. Too bad for Raj.

#5 of 52 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,791 posts

Posted March 30 2012 - 04:07 AM

I enjoyed the expressive poses of tiny Spock and how the positioning changed from shot to shot. Fun episode. - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#6 of 52 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,237 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 30 2012 - 08:07 AM

I also enjoyed the way Sheldon dealt with the moral implications of his actions with the broken toy.  Hilarious!

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#7 of 52 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,339 posts

Posted March 30 2012 - 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Walter Kittel 

I enjoyed the expressive poses of tiny Spock and how the positioning changed from shot to shot. Fun episode.
- Walter.

especially the first conversation, I had to rewind a the first cut to make sure that, yes, Tiny Spock, had moved!

Hated the episode.

That's a lie.

Loved it.

#8 of 52 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,555 posts

Posted April 03 2012 - 09:52 AM

I watched this episode again. I really hope in the future they can do another episode with Tiny Spock. That was a great device to have Nimoy on as Spock, yet he's not real. Like Howard's fantasy episodes.

#9 of 52 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,252 posts

Posted April 04 2012 - 03:28 PM

Loved the "voice" Spock throughout the Sheldon toy dreams. Have a feeling that sometime in future episodes we'll see the real Spock. Just seemed to much like a teaser of things yet to come.
Stan

#10 of 52 OFFLINE   Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter

• 1,590 posts

Posted April 04 2012 - 03:38 PM

Maybe Sheldon will succeed in cloning Leonard Nimoy.

#11 of 52 OFFLINE   Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor

• 595 posts
  • LocationNew Albany, MS

Posted April 05 2012 - 12:54 AM

I'm thinking that maybe someday Sheldon will win some kind of contest and the grand prize is "A Day with Spock" and when Sheldon gets there it will be Zachary Quinto and not Leonard Nimoy. I wonder how Sheldon would handle that.

#12 of 52 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 655 posts

Posted April 05 2012 - 06:53 AM

Loved the "voice" Spock throughout the Sheldon toy dreams. Have a feeling that sometime in future episodes we'll see the real Spock. Just seemed to much like a teaser of things yet to come.

I'm not holding my breath. Nimoy sounded a lot different than even when he was on Fringe last season. I'm thinking age is finally catching up with the old Vulcan. But I love Steve's idea about Sheldon winning a contest. That could be very funny.

#13 of 52 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,555 posts

Posted April 05 2012 - 07:30 AM

Trust me Sheldon. It gets ooold after a while. Leonard Nimoy is pretty much retired from in front of the camera work. I can see him coming back for another Tiny Spock episode. If the response from this episode is strong enough, who knows what will happen! I saw a publicity photo of Nimoy with Parsons and he looked good. http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/ I wouldn't have realized, but Nimoy must have been on set to do his lines live with Jim Parsons when they were filming. Yet, they needed time of course to change poses on Tiny Spock.

#14 of 52 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,339 posts

Posted April 05 2012 - 01:53 PM

Stephen Hawking is such a good sport about these geeky shows that him playing a parody of himself. Posted Image

#15 of 52 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 655 posts

Posted April 06 2012 - 05:09 AM

I thought this episode was funnier than the tiny Spock one. Last episode was focused too much on Sheldon, to the exclusion of the other cast. While this episode was, once again, focused on Sheldon, it was more within the context of the group, although Penny was only in one scene.

#16 of 52 OFFLINE   RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,539 posts

Posted April 06 2012 - 05:09 AM

Very few shows make me laugh out loud the way this one does. There's just something about Sheldon's antics as played by Parsons and the way he plays off the rest of the ensemble that gets me. Maybe it's because I have a degree of geekiness myself (being an engineer and interested in SF).

#17 of 52 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,683 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 06 2012 - 05:48 AM

What happened to Amy Farrah Fowler? I believe she's been completely absent for two weeks now. Sheldon dress shopping with Mrs. Wolowitz was funny. :laugh:
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#18 of 52 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,252 posts

Posted April 07 2012 - 06:33 PM

test post
Stan

#19 of 52 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,252 posts

Posted April 10 2012 - 07:29 AM

What happened to Amy Farrah Fowler? I believe she's been completely absent for two weeks now. Sheldon dress shopping with Mrs. Wolowitz was funny. :laugh:

Pretty sure Amy will be back. Being a supporting character she's not necessary in every episode. Think she and Sheldon will eventually engage in coitus, so the writers have plenty to go on with the two of them in the future.
Stan

#20 of 52 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted April 26 2012 - 12:58 PM

Man, tonight's was one tough episode to sit through, not because it wasn't funny but for me personally it had the dreaded 'growing up syndrome' that always makes me feel more sad than happy for the characters, going way back to the series finale of Three's Company where Jack finally settled down and Janet got married, it always leaves me with a feeling like the party is ending and the silly good times of the past are over. Hearing Howard tell Penny that he's changed, that he's no longer the skirt-chasing wannabe ladies man we all know was extremely difficult to hear, in a strange way it actually feels as if Howard died tonight. I also feel really bad for Raj, once Howard gets married he's going to be all alone without his partner in crime Howard there to share in the aforementioned skirt-chasing.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users