What's new

Fringe Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I did a search and didn't see any thread for this yet.
Season 4 premiered tonight.
It seemed like an interesting starting point, but I swear if they mentioned something being missing one more time I was ready to throw something. :D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I didn't catch any recurring "missing" comments.

So it looks like they figured out how to freely cross over between worlds. Or Peter created a stable wormhole with the Machine?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I caught the FIght Club-esque flashes: the one in the first minute was the easiest to spot (likely by design).

Great premiere and a better introduction to "our" side's Lincoln Lee. From this episode and the season preview montage, it looks as though the creature-of-the-week episodes are going to be back in force, yet also play a bigger role in the ongoing story arc. Very smart.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought it was kind of a waste of Joe Flanigan, until I remembered that he probably has a mirror version. I prefer our Liv's personality, but red's haircut knocks me out. It's probably just a wig, though.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it was quite an interesting episode. I guess that in this timeline, Peter died when he and Walter crossed over. How it all worked out still has some mysteries.

kzolady

Agent
Real Name
Jan Finchum
I was concerned and found out that some how Peter will be back. I was pretty sure he would be, but it is nice to know.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Timelines irritate me. It's too much to keep track of and almost never enough payoff to justify the work. I've really liked Finge in Seasons 2-3, but I'm only cautiously optimistic about things at the moment. The bare essentials for an enjoyable "hour" of TV are there, but I suspect it'll come down to how much I'm able to basically block out all the timeline stuff and just roll with the basics. I really wish they hadn't gone the route of "erasing" Peter.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Cameron Yee said:
I didn't catch any recurring "missing" comments.

So it looks like they figured out how to freely cross over between worlds. Or Peter created a stable wormhole with the Machine?
Yes; Peter created holes on both sides that led to that facility, or room, so they could work together to fix their problems.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Did I miss something? In tonight's episode the alternate Broyles is alive...didn't he die helping Olivia escape the alternate universe? Only thing I can assume is that when Peter fixed the universe it brought Broyles back.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
todd s said:
Did I miss something? In tonight's episode the alternate Broyles is alive...didn't he die helping Olivia escape the alternate universe? Only thing I can assume is that when Peter fixed the universe it brought Broyles back.
Yes, I presume there are several differences now that adult Peter has been removed.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Nice to see (hear) Charlie followed through with the Bug Lady. :D

This was a pretty creepy and touching episode, which put a finer point on the question of what makes people turn out the way they do.

I was expecting some kind of creepy twist with Marjorie and that box. What was that all about?

So it sounds like Olivia had to take matters into her own hands with her stepfather without the benefit of Walter intervening on her behalf? Which in turn suggests Walter never did the experiments on the kids?

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Josh Dial said:
Great premiere and a better introduction to "our" side's Lincoln Lee. From this episode and the season preview montage, it looks as though the creature-of-the-week episodes are going to be back in force, yet also play a bigger role in the ongoing story arc. Very smart.
Yeah it feels like Season One again. I guess that is needed, to attract viewers rather than cater to only the die-hard fans who have followed it all the way through. I must exercise patience, because I'd rather have more of the long-arc story development. But that wouldn't be wise from a ratings perspective.

kzolady

Agent
Real Name
Jan Finchum
Sometime this show is a little confusing. I thought Walter intervened with Olivia's stepfather on her behalf. Did she actually kill her stepfather?
On another line, on the trust issue, someone might point out to Fauxlivia that she shouldn’t in anyway remind Olivia how she (Fauxlivia) took part in the kidnapping, torture, and stealing of her (Olivia’s) identity, when she is seeking her assistance.
It seem that even though Peter at this time never existed. Walter is grieving his loss.
It is nice to have Lincoln Lee in the show, but I think Charlie is gone. He is now on Prime Suspect, at least the pilot.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Sometime this show is a little confusing. I thought Walter intervened with Olivia's stepfather on her behalf. Did she actually kill her stepfather?

Walter did intervene, but we've all assumed that was enough to stop the abuse. She could have still killed him in the original timeline, but I think it's more likely this is one of the alterations due to Peter's actions, since it was never brought up before. This leads to some interesting questions, mainly, how has this kind of experience changed Olivia from what we've seen up until this season? This certainly fits into the theme of the recent episode.

Along the same lines, Bolivia (I prefer this name since she's not really a "fake" Olivia, just an alternate version) could be different as well. In fact, from what we've seen so far, she seems even cockier and more aggressive than before, though that could be just in her interaction with Olivia.

It seem that even though Peter at this time never existed. Walter is grieving his loss.

He's certainly more frantic now that he doesn't have / hasn't had Peter to anchor him.

It is nice to have Lincoln Lee in the show, but I think Charlie is gone. He is now on Prime Suspect, at least the pilot.

Kirk Acevedo is in fact a regular on "Prime Suspect," so we probably won't be seeing Charlie any time soon.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
And Olivia has a hole in her life, too, which she can't explain. Although the senior Observer believes that Peter served his purpose and is no longer needed, it seems that the universe(s) has other ideas. And the younger Observer will be proven right in refusing to use his improvised device to erase him for good.
I guess that in this timeline, Peter died when he and Walter crossed over.
I'm not sure Peter and Walter ever did cross over. It is quite possible that both Peters died of natural causes in their own worlds. That's the most confusing part. In the ur-Timeline, the one the Observers screwed up and which they now think they fixed, Walter's sone died. Walternate invented a cure. He was distracted at the moment of his success by the arrival of an Observer. If he had not been distracted, he would have seen the chemical reaction and realized he had the cure - and he would then have saved his son. But we're told the boy never grew to be a man. Presumably that means both boys. So how ist it that Walternate never found the cure. Did someone else "on business from Porllock's" show up at the critical moment?
BTW, I love the return of crazy Walter. And the recreation of the Maxell audio tape ad. (With a bit of Doc Brown's wall-o-spakers thrown in .)
Later,
Joe

kzolady

Agent
Real Name
Jan Finchum
Joseph DeMartino said:
And Olivia has a hole in her life, too, which she can't explain. Although the senior Observer believes that Peter served his purpose and is no longer needed, it seems that the universe(s) has other ideas. And the younger Observer will be proven right in refusing to use his improvised device to erase him for good.
I guess that in this timeline, Peter died when he and Walter crossed over.
I'm not sure Peter and Walter ever did cross over. It is quite possible that both Peters died of natural causes in their own worlds. That's the most confusing part. In the ur-Timeline, the one the Observers screwed up and which they now think they fixed, Walter's sone died. Walternate invented a cure. He was distracted at the moment of his success by the arrival of an Observer. If he had not been distracted, he would have seen the chemical reaction and realized he had the cure - and he would then have saved his son. But we're told the boy never grew to be a man. Presumably that means both boys. So how ist it that Walternate never found the cure. Did someone else "on business from Porllock's" show up at the critical moment?
BTW, I love the return of crazy Walter. And the recreation of the Maxell audio tape ad. (With a bit of Doc Brown's wall-o-spakers thrown in .)
Later,
Joe

I"m pretty sure that at least Walter crossed over and came back. That is what started the whole shebang. Maybe he brought Peter back and was unable to save him from drowning, but did not drown himself. That would account for his sad craziness (partly guilt), and the absence of Peter in both universes.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
kzolady said:
I"m pretty sure that at least Walter crossed over and came back. That is what started the whole shebang. Maybe he brought Peter back and was unable to save him from drowning, but did not drown himself. That would account for his sad craziness (partly guilt), and the absence of Peter in both universes.
I'd think that was the case. The difference is that the watcher did not save the Peter that was brought across. Walter mentioned about Peter dying twice in the opener of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks